We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Kingston to Spanish Town

usa
7 posts
Save Topic
transportation from Kingston to Spanish Town

Hello,

We are visiting Kingston from California for 4 weeks of graduate school research. We will need daily transportation from Kingston to Spanish Town. Is there a reliable source for hiring a driver?

Cheers.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Kingston to Spanish Town

Kingston to Spanish Town daily for 4 weeks? I would choose to use the 'government bus' from the Tranportation Centre in Half Way Tree. Not like other public transport in Jamaica, theses are modern air conditioned busses, driven with care - and only J$80 per trip. If you can avoid the busy early morning period you will not experience any overcrowdeing, and they don't try to cram 3 people on a seat for 2 when they are busy. No 21 runs between Kingston and Spanish Town. From the bus park in Spanish Town you will easily find a RED PLATE taxi to take you on to your final destination If it's not within walking distance. Agree a price before entering the car.

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Kingston to Spanish Town

The bus service between the two seems to be regular (not sure of the difference between the whote ones and the yellow ones). Whilst waiting for my taxi from Washington Blvd I notice lots of buses going to and from Spanish Town.

Way up North
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Kingston to Spanish Town

I would not suggest yu use public transportation to Spanish Town for the first few trips . Have a jamaican show you how and where to get off safely ..

Spanish Town can be a rough neighbourhood

I have a driver I use when i am in Kingston..let me show you how to use the public transp to Spanish Town ..

jimparkes59@yahoo.com

876 891 7754

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Kingston to Spanish Town

<<Spanish Town can be a rough neighbourhood >>

That should read 'PARTS of Spanish Town' IMO

The bus park is adjacent to where you can take a taxi, no distance at all.

It's a few years ago now that ST had problems in and around the bus park, but it's true that there are some very unsavoury districts in ST.

Edited: 12:07 pm, August 05, 2010
5. Re: transportation from Kingston to Spanish Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 02, 2011