We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mona Visitor's Lodge

Nassau, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Mona Visitor's Lodge

Has anyone stayed at the Mona Visitor's Lodge at UWI? How does it compare to Kingston hotels? I have a reservation at the Alhambra, but the Visitor's Lodge would be more convenient for the conference I am attending there.

Merseyside, UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mona Visitor's Lodge

Hello. My husband and I stayed at the Mona visitor's lodge 4 years ago when he was at a conference in UWI. It was extremely comfortable, with restaurant facilities, and an adjacent swimming pool. It does not have the feel or full facilities of a hotel but was ideal for the conference. It is much harder to get into and out of Kingston unless you have a driver as it is quite far out, but I was able to do quite a lot of sightseeing as we had friends to take me out. It is also pleasant, easy and safe to wander round the campus. Hope that helps.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,742 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mona Visitor's Lodge

My husband pretty much concurs from what he knows.... He says the food is good too :) he doesn't think it's that far from anything but he's a kingsonite... We also suggest crystals on hope road for good food too..

One thing to think about, if your trip is very soon there is currently water restrictions in the UWI area, so you may have water issues staying there... Hopefully the restrictions will be lifted soon... I know it's frustrating, we haven't had water at all in over 3m here.

Enjoy

chelle

Edited: 9:43 am, February 14, 2010
Nassau, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mona Visitor's Lodge

Thanks, that sounds great. How concerned should I be about the water situation? I'd rather stay at the Visitor's Lodge, since it sounds so convenient for the conference. Thanks again for the replies.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,742 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mona Visitor's Lodge

Well it's only a restriction right now... 3 days a week from 4am to noon I believe in that area, so it might mean showering the night before and saving water to brush teeth and such in the morning... Who knows what the next few weeks will bring tho... Regardless people find a way to make due, and I imagine the lodge has a tank or two reserve...

Chelle

5. Re: Mona Visitor's Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 14, 2010