We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

negril excursions

lubbock, tx
7 posts
Save Topic
negril excursions

We will be at Sandals Negril April 13-17. Are there any extra excursions or activities, that are not included, that are worth checking out?

Mentioned in this post
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Negril Beach...
5,782 Reviews
Jamaica
Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: negril excursions

Hey, Madeit!

I'll be in Negril for the first time about a month after you(very jealous). I've heard that there is so much to do at Sandals, from reading everyone's posts. But many also say that you should try to get out and see the real Jamaica. There is a person in Negril named Johnny who will be taking me around while I'm there. (he will also be picking me up from the airport :) ). Anyway, if you're interested, this is his number. 876-423-7434 Sounds like he could take you anywhere that you could possible want to go, and for a very reasonable price. I wish I could give you first hand advice, but I am recommending him, even though I haven't been yet, because it seems like he will really take care of you. I do know that he offered to take us on a day tour to the Appleton Rum Estate and Mayfield Falls, he also has a boat and will be taking us fishing.

Dunno, even if you don't decide to hire him, I'm sure you could just call him to ask for advice. Good luck, and I hope that you will bring back pictures. :)

SeaLeah

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Mayfield Falls
Mayfield Falls
1,083 Reviews
Jamaica
PRINCE GEORGE
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: negril excursions

We just spent 2 weeks in Negril(mid Feb) and we did the Black River tour(W/ the Appleton Rum Factory,added) It was a bit of a bumpy ride but an overall Blast!!

The Falls are beautiful, the Rum Yummy! and it was a delightful boat ride seeing the crocodiles. We used :

Anita Tours, she's located at the Sunshine Village Plaza in Negril & also has a spot in the Hotel Bar-B-Barn Lobby. Her No. is 957-9946 or cell:1-822-7141. She was a Great guide and her prices include transportation,(she'll pick you up at your hotel)all entry fees and lunch, if listed . She doesn't take credit cards but american $ is most welcome. We highly recommend her!!

:)M

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Black River
Black River
359 Reviews
Jamaica
Bar-B-Barn
Bar-B-Barn
217 Reviews