We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals grande riviera

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals grande riviera

Does anyone know what the schedule will be for the night activities in May? (White night, beach party) Does each night of the week have a different theme?

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals grande riviera

Beach Party is Friday, white night is Wednesday. Has been that way for awhile, so I don't expect it to change. Each night will have some sort of theme, but nothing you need to dress up for (except White night, which is also optional). You will get a Daily Breeze in your room telling you all the day's activities, restaurant times, etc.

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals grande riviera

Great thanks for responding! Looking forward to it!

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals grande riviera

Great thanks for responding! Looking forward to it! We had went to sandals grande st Lucia a year ago and was never informed about anything going on, not even by our concierge.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals grande riviera

SGSL has Daily Breezes each day now, too, but when I was in St Lucia in 2010 they didn't . SGR has had them for a long time, and they're nice to have so you can plan which side you want to be on.

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals grande riviera

Hi BSB,

Since sandals grande riviera is your favorite resort, can you tell me if the riviera cottages are newly renovated/decent rooms? We booked a concierge room. Are the concierge staff pretty good? Should we upgrade to the hillside butler village? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals grande riviera

@77 All the rooms on the resort were redone with the renovations, so they are all newly renovated. We have always stayed on the hillside only because that is what we like. Having a room up there is a totally different experience than you will get at most hotels. Having a villa with 4 other rooms, and a semi private pool makes you feel like you're by yourselves. It doesn't have a big hotel feel (even though the resort is huge), and we like that. We even stayed over there the year the Great House was closed for renovations, and we had to cross the street several times a day for every meal. We just prefer it there. Having a Butler or not is not a big deal to us, but if that is a big deal to you, it is another reason to book the hillside.

The cottages on the Rivera side are similar to the villas. You don't have a private pool, and you also can still see the Riviera building, so it would have more of a hotel feel. Since Concierge changed to Club Sandals, they promoted a lot of staff there and increased their services. Lots of employees that we loved in the past are now Concierge, and it is more of a service now than it used to be. They used to just make your reservations for you, but now they do little extras like running baths and things.

Also, if being on the beach is really important to you, the Riviera side may be better for you. We are more pool people, and our favorite pool is on the Manor side, so we hang out there a lot. We also end our night at the Polo Lounge on the Manor side, so it's nice having a room on that side. If you plan to get up every morning and run to the beach, the Riviera side would be more convenient for you.

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals grande riviera

Thank you for the input BSBgirl. I'll let you know how we liked it after our return in May!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals grande riviera

Sounds good! Are you going to stay on the Riviera side then?

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals grande riviera

Yes, maybe next visit we will do the hillside... If I come up with anymore questions, do you mind if I ask you?

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals grande riviera

Of course not! Ask away :)