We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals' dress code

Rockport...
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Topic
Sandals' dress code

Wondering about the "dress shoes" required at Sandals, are nice leather closed toe sandals, like huaraches or fisherman sandles ok? They were exceptable at other resorts we have gone to but those resorts simply required a closed toe shoe for men. Last time we visited a Sandals we were in a wedding so we had to back dress shoes. My husband has giant feet! We won't beable to do just carry on luggage if I have to lug those gun boats with us again. (he won't we're them on the airplane.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,655 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals' dress code

I think you are going to SWH? The dress shoe requirement isn't dress shoes such as for a formal event....closed toe shoes are fine....my hubby always brings casual leather deck shoes to wear for dinner with a pair of dockers and a golf shirt. The idea is not to wear tatty looking running shoes in the nicer restaurants.

It's quite possible that no one will say a thing about closed-toe sandals, but just be aware it is possible they won't be accepted at the restaurants requiring resort evening wear. However, if you don't mind eating outdoors at those restaurants, you will have no problem. That's the great thing about the restaurants at SWH...all have outdoor dining!

Rockport...
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals' dress code

Thanks! I thought, from the pictures, that all the resturants were open air, glad to have it confirmed. The LOVE eating under the stars, with the sound of the swishing palms and rolling surf....only 162 days left! LOL

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,655 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals' dress code

I should have been more clear...most of the restaurants are indoor...except Neptunes and Bluefields which are open air...but all the rest of the restaurants have outdoor seating as well as indoor seating. I often prefer the relief of a/c after a day in the sun and humidity so we enjoy having the option of dining indoors...and of course in the case of rain!

162 days puts you in February? SWH is a great resort...the best of all of them in our opinion!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals' dress code

My husband is a size 15!! We always check bags (if for no other reason, to bring liquor home, lol) His Sandals and his dress shoes fill the entire front part of his suitcase!

5. Re: Sandals' dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 23, 2013