We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamaica, all-inclusive, 5star quality, young adults?

New York
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Jamaica, all-inclusive, 5star quality, young adults?

Wondering about Breezes? Wondering about the quality of food? Would like a suggestion for 2 adults and 2 young adult children (mid-20's). Great food? Great Beach?

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamaica, all-inclusive, 5star quality, young adults?

Hi,

Hi again, here's my reply from your other post...

Lots of good options for you, my two top recommendations would be:

Breezes Runaway Bay- GREAT beach, very good food, great drinks, good "all-adult ages atmosphere" NOT 5 star, but a very good quality upper-mid range resort. LOTS of fun.

Grand Lido Negril- INCREDIBLE beach, excellent food, great drinks, pretty much as close as you'll come to true 5 star in a Jamaican a/i. Not quite as active as BRB though and perhaps a bit more for the 35+ crowd, although always some young couples there too.

Blessings and respect to you, Enjoy Jamaica no matter where you choose to stay.

Steve

New York
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamaica, all-inclusive, 5star quality, young adults?

How does Breezes runaway compare with RIU NEGRIL?

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamaica, all-inclusive, 5star quality, young adults?

Well, I haven't actually stayed at RIU Negril but this is what I can tell you...

RIU Negril is a family resort so there will be all ages there. A large portion of their clientel comes from various European and South American countries and therefore apparently there a certain amount of that "flair" there. The overall atmosphere there is said to be very very little resemblance of "Jamaican" and apparently they even don't really play much reggae, tending more to hispanic based music. It is a newer resort than BRB, so "nicer" in it's decor in some ways, but FARRRRR too "loud" in it's style and colours ans size for my personal tastes. The beach at RIU Tropical Bay is FABULOUS however the one at RIU Negril is not nearly as nice.

Unless RIU Negril was significantly less costly, Breezes Runaway Bay would be my choice in a hearbeat.

Blessings and respect,

Steve