We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

Minneapolis...
2 posts
Save Topic
What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the first week of January 2012 and are very interested in visiting Jamaica. I have spoken with a few travel agencies about what we are looking for and it seems that we can't have it all.

We really want a place that includes the activities of Couples San Souci (scuba certification, dunns river falls, boating) but have heard the pool is nothing to brag about, the beach is small and the sunsets are on the other side of the island.

I recently saw a special on the travel channel that promoted Ricks Cafe in Negril for the sunsets and parties. That is a long way from Ocho Rios and seems like it would be a long bus ride from the airport... That would hinder my decision to find a resort in Negril area, we would also miss out on the Dunns River Falls.

While we would be most interested in a place aimed at adults or couples only, we aren't into the nude beach culture. Anything that brags about that being the high point is not for us. Couples Tower Isle looks very cool with the island out there but if its just for nude sun bathing we wouldn't even bother.

The prices of the Sandals Resorts seems to be much higher than Couples and I haven't looked into Beaches or any independents.

What advice can you give to soon to be newlyweds in our late 20's as far as a great honeymoon in Jamaica?

amsterdam
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

First of all Negril is closer to the airport then CSS or CTI. Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away is only 90 minutes away. CSS and CTI is about 2 hours away give or take 15 minutes.

Dunns River is nothing to worry about missing. If you go to Negril you can very easily visit YS Falls or Mayfield Falls. Both are far less touristy then Dunns River and IMO much more 'real".

The beaches of Negril are much nicer then the beaches in Ochi. The water is also calmer. CTI's Island is for au natural only. Couples Swept Away is the only Couples that does not offer an au natural option. None of the others are in your face about it though.

I suggest you go to www.Couples.com and look at all of their properties.

I would not consider Beaches Resorts for a Honeymoon as it is geared for families with lots of kids.

amsterdam
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

Read this thread discussing YS falls and Dunns River falls. It might help you some.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147311-i93-k46682…

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,683 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

I would recommend taking a peek at Sandals Whitehouse if you are looking for a great beach and large pools. The drive is 90 mins from the airport (complimentary) and is very close to YS Falls and only an hour from Negril. I find the prices are comparable to Couples and every room at SWH is ocean front.

So. California
Level Contributor
823 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

If you are staying in Ocho Rios are even Montego Bay then I would say you should do Dunns River Falls, But I would not narrow my options, just to go to the falls. They are nice and all, but not that good to base the selection of your honeymoon. There is plenty of activities availble were ever you decide to go.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

I agree that I would NOT base a resort decision on a visit to Dunns River Falls. It is fine for what it is but IMO not a big deal.

I would opt for Negril if you are looking for a great beach and the ability to easily get out and about. My AI preference is Couples for overall value and quality. There are lots of inclusions, including off site excursions, that you may find appealing.

We enjoy Negril for the superb beaches and clear, calm water as well as the easy access to the cliffs for a change of pace. Couples Swept Away is my favorite but we also enjoyed a recent stay at Couples Negril. CN has the better pool scene but both have swim up bars if that is your interest. CSA has three pools and an awesome sports complex. The nightlife here is also quite good and the dining options diverse and very good.

Re pricing, I agree that Sandals generally prices higher than Couples. Also keep in mind that everyone at Couples has the same amenities where at Sandals, it differs between those booked in standard, concierge and butler categories.

For my money, Couples is a great value and I have been satisfied over the years with the quality and experience their resorts deliver.

Edited: 3:02 pm, July 31, 2011
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

Hi Mike,

I'd suggest you take a look at Breezes Runaway Bay. It's very convenient to Dunns River Falls (about 25 minutes) and has a beautiful beach which is quite rare on the North Coast. The beach isn't quite as nice as Negril but it's the 'next best thing' with over a mile of walkable beach and beautiful sand and water.... The resort has three pools, one of which is a beautiful infinity edge pool with a swim up bar. It is the most fun/active oriented a/i resort on the island (other than Hedo II), they have an INCREDIBLE house band and excellent evening entertainment ....live music every night, shows, beach party, toga party, kareoke etc etc.... They include all kinds of sports from Scuba, Boating, waterskiing, golf, tennis etc etc... as well as some really nice exclusive features like a Horse and Carriage ride.

Almost always a much more reasonably priced resort than either Couples or Sandals.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

couples hands down is your trip for value and the inclusions. you will love negril. do everything or nothing at all. I would choose CSA for my honeymoon knowing what i know now after 7 previous trips to jamaica and as a matter of fact we did choose negril and it was Couples Negril that was our first visit - it set a high standard out of the gate and to be truthful nothing compared on the 6 trips that followed. we will only stay at couples swept away -- we are mid 40'ish there is something for everyone

Edited: 8:36 am, August 01, 2011
8. Re: What is the best Jamaica all inclusive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 08, 2012