We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

I'm all worried now since we've invited my hubby's brother and his GF along with us for a splendid weekend getaway. Are there any clubs close by? would you say the beach there is great for swimming?...sorry guys, just wondering...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,742 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

IMO it depends how go with the flow they are... it's a fun, friendly place, but the age group is varied and it wouldn't be my first choice for young (not sure how old young is tho :) )

the beach is pretty much crap (sorry) and the nearest happening club is about 20 min away in Ochi... Sunday night has the priory beach party about 10 min away or so which is a great place if you're looking for a good, local experience...

for a long weekend, i'm sure they will get on just fine, great drinks and food and really great people....

Chelle

Connecticut
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

Thannx a million Chelle. we're all 28-38yrs. We're from JA just don't get back at all...looking to chill and have fun that local spot sounds like a must see...thanx again

Chiny

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

Yea...gotta check out the priory beach party sunday night....end our vacation with a bang!! Thanks...see you all there!

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

I have been there several times now and there are always a mixture of ages..It is a fun place to hang out.. food good and drinks..the beach may not be anything special but its fine just to laze on the sunbed and chill..shallow water.you can swim if you go out quite a ways.

staff there are brill..

Next door to CA is a local sports bar and staff hang out there.its open till around 11pm..

the disco at CA can be hit or miss the last few times i have been it was busy.that goes on until 2am

As chelle has mentioned there is priory beach party which is a fab vibe and there is also a party at the jerk centre in runaway bay opposite green grotto caves on the last sat in the month..if your there do check it out as they too have a fab vibe..

Jus cheers is in st ann on friday nights and supposed to be a good hang out place with music

Connecticut
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

Wow...thanx Taz!..think i'm over my "worry" phase...lol..jus ready to go home and really let loose...lol..can't wait...i think u get there the day we leave :( we'll have a blast...just really can't wait!

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

Chinygurl

good to hear your worries have gone..enjoy your stay..

also if your into it there is a strip club opposite CA..I havent been there but hear the noise when you go off resort..

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

Taz you have never been to the strip bar?????? Its good spot for a late night drink - and to be honest in all the times have been there never seen anyone strip... They play some good music over there.

Chinygurl, have yourself a great time :)

8. Re: IYO..Club Ambiance Ok for young couples?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, October 26, 2009