We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money!!!!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Spending Money!!!!!

We(myself and my Husband to be!) are going to Riu Ocho Rios for 2 weeks in June all inclusive.

Whilst there we want to do a few trips such as Dunn's and Dolphin cove and were wondering how much spending money other people used whilst on a similar trip? Just so we know roughly how much to budget? Thanks Claire

London
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money!!!!!

Hi Claire,

I'm also going to Ocho Rios in May staying at the Sunset Jamaica Grande which is also all inclusive. (Can't wait :)).

I was thinking of bringing £500 and a cash card just in case. Depending on what you plan on doing £500 could just be enough as things are fairly cheap anyway.

You will be mainly spending your money on transporation and for the excursions, and meals out when your not at the hotel.

Jamaica is not like say the US, you dont really go there to do shopping. You may only pick up the odd craft work, which after your barter with will turn put very cheap.

Hope this helps and have a fantastic holiday.

glasgow
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money!!!!!

hi there, I'm also staying at the rui ocho rios, going in 2 weeks time and i'm taking £300 in jamaican dollars, £300 in US dollars and £600 in travellers cheques

I've been told that this should be more than enough so do expect to come back with change.

We booked the dolphin cove trip and dunns river falls climb through ochoriostour.com/dolphin-encounter-dunns-riv…

its costing approx 350 US dollars including pick up and return to the hotel. thomson were quoting a good bit more than that for both so this seems the better deal, does seem a little steep but swimming with dolphins isn't something we can do on a regular basis, especially living in glasgow:)

once i get back i will come back on here and let you know prices etc or you could email me at davidalbertis@hotmail.com

are you flying from manchester? we are and got s double room at the crown plaza airport hotel for £60 through thomsons so may be worth a look if thats where you're going from

Stirlingshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money!!!!!

I just wondered how much money you ended up taking to Jamaica with you in the end lol. I'm trying to work out myself how much to take. We are staying at the Sunset Jamaica Grande for fortnight in September. Only the two of us - my husband and I. The only trip we want to do really is the Bob Marley 9 Miles tour.

We've been to Mexico previously on an AI basis and took with us £600 for the fortnight. That was more than enough (and had I not bought myself alcohol, perfume, jewellary and loads of clinique goods we'd have come back with money!!).

We were thinknig £750 this time.... is that enough? We plan to go out for a nice meal one night as it's our anniversary while we are out there.

Also, would appreciate if you cuold let me know if it's best for US Dollars or a mixture of US and Jamaican dollars?!

4. Re: Spending Money!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 16, 2010