We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did anyone used Maxi Tours drivers?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Did anyone used Maxi Tours drivers?

Hello everyone. Someone recommended me Maxi Tours drivers. I wonder if anybody knows anything about these guys? So far their quote was the very affordable. I just want to make sure they are trustworthy.

Thank you

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did anyone used Maxi Tours drivers?

We've been to Jamaica 3 times now and used Maxi twice and drove ourselves the 3rd. Will be back there again in September also! We used a guy in Montego Bay named Elvis and be very wary he's a snake. We've used others as well through Maxi and as a rule of thumb.....agree on a price before they take you ANYWHERE! Most are very trustworthy and some smoke ganja as well so if that's not your thing, ask them. Always let them know what your expectations are upfront and you shold have "no problems"!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did anyone used Maxi Tours drivers?

Thanks a lot.

Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Did anyone used Maxi Tours drivers?

Maxi Tours is one of the three main authorized transportation associations here in Jamaica....also Juta & JCAL. All their drivers and vehicles are properly inspected, licensed and insured.

I prefer to choose a great driver that I know is represented by one of these associations rather than choose one association over the other.

4. Re: Did anyone used Maxi Tours drivers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:32 am, October 16, 2009