We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?

Syracuse, New York
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?

If I didn't mention something that you want to know about, let me know. We definitely plan on going back! Beautiful resort. Currently at Secrets Wild Orchid for 3 more nights. Here is my review of Excellence and I will post of for Wild Orchid when we get home:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

7 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?

Are you a travel agent?

Did any of the eateries offer Jamaican cuisine?

Was there any watersports, such as sail boats, paddle boards, kayaks, snorkeling, scuba?

What did you use as transport from/to airport?

Syracuse, New York
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?

I didn't think any of the menus were Jamaican food per se, but it is my first time to Jamaica since my honeymoon in 1993 and I am not really sure what makes something "jamaican" except I do know jerk is a popular preparation for chicken. They had that on the menu. Honestly, I am not sure I would know what is local dish and what isn't. Lots of plantains on the buffet, which I guess must be local because I never see them at other resorts. The entertainment people got us set up with snorkeling gear but I don't know about the other water activities. We didn't think to book a transfer and took a taxi, and it was fine in my book.

United States
Level Contributor
12,940 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?

How is the quality of the sand on the beach?

Are there any vendors on the beach?

Is there any shade on the beach?

Is all or some of the beach topless? or nude?

How is the quality of the bottom of the sea off the beaches? Any rocks? Any sea weed? Any sea urchins?

How is the entertainment? Is there any entertainment after 10 PM? if so, how late?

What time do the bars close at night?

Is top shelf liquor available at none?, some? or all of the bars?

What types of beer was available at the bars?

Were you approched about buying into a time share or vacation club program?

How is the quality of the wifi at the hotel?

Edited: 3:59 pm, June 07, 2018
Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?

Did you see the poor woman who was electrocuted and is she Ok??

America, The...
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?

<Did you see the poor woman who was electrocuted and is she Ok??>

I would like to hear a report on that as well. She has been on my mind.

Syracuse, New York
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?

The vinnie - the sand is just like sand everywhere else I guess. The beach isn't very deep which is why there are no chairs on the beach along the side of the resort facing out to the ocean. The top of the resort that faces the cruise ship dock has a much deeper beach and they have many chairs and palapa sin that area. You have direct access to the water and it is very quiet in that area. I didn't see any topless sunbathers but that would be a good spot for it. Definitely no nudity. The beach had a nice soft entrance into the water but about maybe 50 or 70 feet out, there was very dense seaweed. We didn't pack water shoes so watched where we walked. We did see sting rays while walking along the waters edge very early in the morning when the water water was very calm. They had a live band for a while, maybe an hour, before the show started. After the show, there was a DJ in the Sports Bar. I think that was over around midnight. One night they had a band in the sports bar after the show. We never stayed out late enough to see when things really shut down for the night. They seemed to have the same liquor at all of the bars and the same beers Red Stripe, Budweiser, Corona, Heineken and some kind of stout- can't remember - maybe dragon? I do remember it is made by the same company that makes red stripe. There was no timeshare or vacation club at Excellence but there is at Secrets Wild Orchid. And the wifi is good.

Cebekakes- I didn't hear or see anything about someone getting electrocuted. I didn't hear anyone talk about it either.

Syracuse, New York
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?

I just saw a picture of someone kayaking at Excellence Oyster Bay, so I guess the water sports equipment are there now.

Reply to: Spent 4 nights at Excellence Oyster Bay. Any questions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted