We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Ziva Rose Montego Bay

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt Ziva Rose Montego Bay

I’m looking for reviews on the hotel. I’ve heard mixed reviews on the hotel, specifically the beach area. Also, anyone who traveled with kids? We will have our 3 year old and 6 year old. Curious how child friendly the hotel is? I know other hotels have lazy rivers and slides and such but this doesn’t. Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13,431 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Ziva Rose Montego Bay

For about 3000 reviews of the hotel see the following

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g66…

Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,890 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Ziva Rose Montego Bay

I like this one for its evenhandedness:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-…

If you do want a resort that does have a waterpark with a lazy river along with a resort that reflects the vibe of Jamaica, then have a look at Jewel Runaway Bay: wikimapia.org/…b

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Ziva Rose Montego Bay

Thanks. I looked into jewel runaway bay but I’m hearing it’s very run down in the hotel. Have you been?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Ziva Rose Montego Bay

I'm guessing you're 'hearing' a few reviews from people who were expecting a 5* resort with marbled floors and chandeliers. Jewel is definitely not this, but neither is Hyatt. Some people view the typical dark wood Jamaican furniture used in the rooms as 'old and outdated'. Yes, it's an older resort, built in the 50's, but regular upkeep and maintenance is always being carried out. It's won awards for best family resort, it hasa great waterpark with lazy river, probably the best natural beach on the north coast, several restaurants to chose from and great inclusive activities and water sports.

That said, from 1st June this year, Jewel gets taken over by the Playa Group, who are also Hyatt. It's rumoured that JRB will possibly become a Panama Jack branded resort. If this is the case, it will entail a massive refurb and probable expansion.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Ziva Rose Montego Bay

Ok thanks. This makes me nervous. I would hate to be there next February if the hotel is having major construction going on.

NY
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Ziva Rose Montego Bay

Check out iberostar rose Hall suites.. nice rooms and facilities for children. More upscale if that is was you are looking for.

Reply to: Hyatt Ziva Rose Montego Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted