We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation/Short Term Rentals Near or in Petion Ville

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vacation/Short Term Rentals Near or in Petion Ville

Good day. I see many have gotten good advice in these forums. I'm planning a visit along with my mother to visit her brother in Petion Ville. She has not been back home in decades and the entire experience will be new to me.

I really wanted to stay at a large hotel for maximum security benefits but I really would not be able to afford it. I then discovered Estinfil's which is so reasonably priced. But I'm now thinking that we might be most comfortable in an apartment or house rental. I say this because, for now, he plan is for my uncle to come to us. We fear going to see him in his home and bringing attention to him. We are thinking he or we may become a target when they realize we are Haitian-Americans.

So I'm thinking that we will have as much space and comfort as we need with an apartment or rental and save money in the process. The problem is that I'm looking for referrals. The two vacation homes listed on this site seem to have excellent owner posted reviews. I want to here from real people that have stayed at one of these places. I'm also wondering how security would work at a place like this.

Further info: we are traveling for one week in April. It will be three to four adults. Thanks for your help in advance!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation/Short Term Rentals Near or in Petion Ville

I cannot speak to the rentals you mention, but I would expect the cost to be very high. Hopefully you will find something that works for you.

Good luck!

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation/Short Term Rentals Near or in Petion Ville

Thanks for the reply.

I actually spoke to my Uncle and he is suggesting that he find a place for us to stay. We are not yet sure where this will be! The phone card got cut off before we could complete our conversation but it sounds like it may be a family-owned place! I'll find out more this weekend.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation/Short Term Rentals Near or in Petion Ville

Enjoy!

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation/Short Term Rentals Near or in Petion Ville

I just wanted everyone to know that I just got back from Haiti on 4/2 and everything went really well! We had an awesome trip!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation/Short Term Rentals Near or in Petion Ville

very happy to hear that - if you have any suggestions for others, please add your thoughts!

6. Re: Vacation/Short Term Rentals Near or in Petion Ville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 07, 2014