We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Haiti from Dominican Republic

Manchester...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Haiti from Dominican Republic

My wife and I are staying in Sosua, DR and really want to take a day tour into Haiti. Can anyone help us find information on how to do this? Please reply ASAP as we leave in two weeks. Any information at all will be appreciated. Thanks!

arizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Haiti from Dominican Republic

You should read the warnings on the U.S Consulate website

at WWW.travel.state.gov under travel warnings.

They are warning all Americans to stay away and have also made Embassy employees leave. This warning was dated 5/26/2005.

I think you are really taking chance if you go, if excitment is what your looking for you may get more than you want in Haiti. Have a good vacation.

Haiti
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Haiti from Dominican Republic

There is CARIBINTER an Haitian-Dominican airline making the trip to P-au-P every day, also there is Bus CAOBA from DR going to P-au-P.

For peace and no adventure you should go to Cap Haitien 20 minutes flight with caribinter from P-au-P may be you don't even have to leave the airport.

Look at www.cormierplage.net for a nice beach.

my email is cormier@direcway.com if you need assitance

union new-jersey
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Haiti from Dominican Republic

this a good idea i will not avise you to do it at this time for your own safety

Columbus,IN
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Haiti from Dominican Republic

Hi,

I am curious. did you go to Haiti, or somewhere else? If you didn't go, perhaps you could go around Christmas time. Things should be calmed down again by then.

Miami,US
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Haiti from Dominican Republic

Hello;

You have two options:

1) Take Caribinter from Santo Domingo to Port au Prine

2) take Caribinter from Santiago to Port au Prince.

Hope this helps

6. Re: Tour Haiti from Dominican Republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, September 01, 2009