We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea life and Snorkeling tour" the Minnow & three hour tour

Which Pointe-a-Pitre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Myerstown...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sea life and Snorkeling tour" the Minnow & three hour tour

Our trip on the Minnow; a four hour tour

I usually don’t comment on off ship tours but this is one of which folks should be aware.

The tour in Guadeloupe is called the Sea Life and Snorkeling Tour and we were on the Brilliance of the Sea.

To begin with the zodiac was over crowded with 14 passengers where ten should have been the maximum.

The tour consisted of a cruise through the Riviere Salee (Salt River) and a description of the mangroves and natural habitat; it would have been nice to be able to hear the guide who stood in the front as most of us sat in the back with the outboard motor running; some sort of sound system would have helped.

The snorkeling, which was done about two miles from land and out by the break water, at the Grand-Cul-de-Sac- Marin, was poor with very limited sightings and the coral reef colorless. The stop at the island of Caret was as nice as they described.

Then the real problems started; about five minutes from the island the single motor broke and another zodiac that was on the same tour had to tow us.

After six people transferred to the other zodiac we started the slow trip back to the pier completely missing the third part of the tour and adding an additional hour and a half to the tour.

At no point was replacement equipment called for and we never had the “surprising boat trip through the natural and breathtaking landscapes of Guadeloupe.” Well, the surprising part was true.

I would not recommend this tour UNLESS the zodiacs have the correct number of passengers and dual motors.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea life and Snorkeling tour" the Minnow & three hour tour

We signed up for this tour and I was really looking forward to it. Did you all complain to RC? They tour folks have to provide what they advertise. I will go to the shore excursion desk and see if this has been corrected.

When you visit a place for one day it better be right!

karen.crawford@wellstar.org

2. Re: Sea life and Snorkeling tour" the Minnow & three hour tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 27, 2014