We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Meridien Saint-Francois

Paris, France
Level Contributor
89 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Old Meridien Saint-Francois

This former Meridien hotel is now part of the Kalenda resorts.

They started renovations. I don't know if this has opened yet.

Please also note that La Cocoteraie hotel is no longer a Merdien/Starwood affiliated hotel.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Meridien Saint-Francois

We just returned from Guadeloupe, and this hotel has not opened yet. Although it appears to be permitted for construction (some permits were posted), there were no construction vehicles on the property, and it appeared abandoned and very creepy.

In fact, St. Francoise in general is a mess, they are adding or fixing the sidewalks and have left them partially finished, and it looks like it's been that way for a long time.

Overall, the impression we got of this particular town is not a good one. Very run-down.

Sebastian, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Meridien Saint-Francois

Actually, The Meridian has been taken over by the American Radisson group, and they're going to turn it into a luxury hotel, scheduled to open next year. This is also the reason why the town of St. Francois is working on it's infrastructure, the marina is getting a makeover, as well as the main boulevard, which is the reason for the mess.

I live in St Francois until next summer, and I'm not sure if I'll see the completed works, as they do tend to be a little slow around here, lol. But with a little patience, you'll see this town transform from a neglected outpost of the the Guadeloupe tourist industry, to the leader of a more high-end tourism in the near future, it certainly has all the natural assets to get there...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
89 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Meridien Saint-Francois

Do you know how La Cocoteraie is doing now (since it is no longer a Meridien hotel?)

During our stay last year, the resort was in need of some refurbishment as well...

4. Re: Old Meridien Saint-Francois

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 20, 2009