We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crewed charter around Guadeloupe

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Crewed charter around Guadeloupe

Hi everyone,

My fiancee and I (both 30 yrs) are planning a trip to the windward Caribbean for our honeymoon in April/May 2014. We would love to go sailing for 5-7 days, and I researched quite a bit online. It seems that this is fairly expensive. Preferably, we would like to sail from Dominica and around Guadeloupe, but it is also an option to sail from St. Lucia and around Martinique.

We are open to all kinds of boats, and both travelling with other people or alone, but it would have to be crewed by at least a skipper, as we are not trained sailers.

Our budget is around 2500 USD (food not included) in total for a week. Is this even possible? All the companies I found online are almost the double a week.

Anyone done anything similar? Any thoughts on the suggested destinations, or things I should be aware of, or suggestions where to look for information?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Lea

(also posted in Martinique forum)

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Dominica
Dominica
Caribbean
Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe
Caribbean
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Martinique
Martinique
Caribbean
Belmont Shore, CA
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crewed charter around Guadeloupe

Not sure if you found what you were looking for but we did something similar to this in Sint Maarten through Tradewinds Cruise Club. We booked through a referral from a member and it cost around $2500 Including meals all meals except 2 nights ashore. It was well worth it and they do sail out of Guadeloupe s well. If interested, look up the facebook page "Tradewind Cruise Club" and inquire, I am certain one of the members would gladly give you a referral. This is a membership based club and they will try to sell you a membership on the trip but it's no pressure. (We didn't buy)

Mentioned in this post
Sint Maarten
Sint Maarten
St Martin / St Maarten
Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe
Caribbean
2. Re: Crewed charter around Guadeloupe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 17, 2014