We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling or other activities?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
347 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling or other activities?

Are there any activities on the island. Tours etc. Also wondering how the snorkelling is in this area. Thank you.

France
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling or other activities?

Hi

I stayed with my family at the Manganao 3 years ago. We did a lot of snorkelling at the hotel beach and you could feed the fish with bread. If you wanted something more exciting, you could go down to the south coast off Basse terre.they take out a glass bottomed boat to a coral reef and you snorkel off that. Lots of fish and deeper water.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
884 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling or other activities?

Guadeloupe has excellent snorkeling, especially off of the Basse Terre side. I recommend going out with the dive operators, Les Heures Saines in Bouillante: http://www.heures-saines.gp/ In addition to their SCUBA trips, they offer boat rides out to L'Islet de Pigeon, that give you MUCH more time in the water than the glass-bottom tourist boats do. (Went with them in March with just my husband, our 2 friends and another couple--grea! - not a cattle boat) If you are staying on Grande Terre, you can snorkel right off the beach on the protected side of Pointe des Chateaaux. As for tours, there are many offered-from visiting rhum distilleries to rain forest walks, it depends what you are interested in. Also a fun day and great for snorkeling is taking a sailing day trip out to Petite Terre from St. Francois on Grande Terre. See this link for information about that excursion (Paradoxe Crosieres) and other tours:

antilles-info-tourisme.com/guadeloupe/sport-…