We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Booked

Fairport, New York
Level Contributor
810 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Just Booked

Just booked for Nov 2006 air with Air Jamaica from JFK, direct flight.

Looking at Maca Bana, any thoughts?

Like beach, casual dining, snorkeling, checking out loval sights. Any suggestions?

http://community.webshots.com/user/kagjjg

1. Re: Just Booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:53 pm, March 26, 2006
JFi
Indy
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Booked

My wife and I have already booked our stay at Maca Bana for 10 nights in June! After looking EXTENSIVELY throughout the Carribean, I just really felt that Grenada/Maca Bana offered the best of all worlds. I'll write up a good review once we get back.

boston
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Booked

Has anybody found any reviews of Maca Bana? My husband and I are planning to go back in November and are considering a few places. Last February, we saw the Maca Bana villas when we were at the Aquarium restaurant. The villa sare on a bluff and must have great views. The location seems very good -- not too far from St. George or from Grand Anse.

I find the website much too new-agey -- I'm not looking to have a spiritual transformation while there -- just give me the details about the lodging.

Fairport, New York
Level Contributor
810 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Booked

JFi, I would really be intersted in a trip report and pictures. nothing like having first hand experience given to us! Thanks!

JFi
Indy
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Booked

I will definitely post pictures and let you know.......only a little over a month away! We've never been to Grenada, but we cannot wait!

arkansas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Booked

we went to Grenda around the first of the year. Was so great we are going back next week. Fabulous place to visit and forget the fast paced lifestyles we live. We took a taxi around the island . A very informative driver took us around for about 6 hours and only charged 25 dollars. Was so well pleased , We mad e arrangements to stay at the Grenadian by Rex Resorts. Any body been there before? Let me know

Germany
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Booked

it is a great location and there restaurant aquariums is one of the best of the island. The views from the villas are great. The only complaining is the noise of the airplanes (it is next to the airport) and the missing privacy.

JFi
Indy
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Booked

Franky.....how bad are the planes? For me, if they aren't too early or too late, there won't be any problems.

Did you stay at the villas or just visit? If so, which one did you stay in? Any other suggestions? Thanks

Germany
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Booked

Point Saline is a small airport, and most traffic is during the day, but somethimes it is realy noisy. Especially these American Eagle Planes, they come at leat twice a day. There are not so many planes during the night. I love the beach and the restaurant. But i dont like the villas. To crouded, to close to the airport, to expensive.

JFi
Indy
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Booked

Franky,

Did you actually stay at the villas or just tour the property?

Get answers to your questions about St. George's