We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalingo hotel?

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montréal, québec
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Kalingo hotel?

Hi all,

My husband, 2 girls and I will be staying 2 nights in Grenada on our way to and from Carriacou. The Kalingo hotel looks nice, but I haven't been able to find any review on the internet. As anyone been there, and if so how is it? Any other hotel, near St Georges, I should look at? Thanks:-)

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalingo hotel?

I have not stayed there but plan to spend a couple of nights on our next trip. We took a tour of the rooms and they looked great! We love this beach and really like that all the rooms overlook the beach. The staff were very friendly and eager to show us around.

I thought I've seen a couple of reviews here and they have been good reviews.

montréal, québec
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalingo hotel?

Thanks! one more quick question: how far is this hotel from the ferry to Carriacou and the airport? I'd like to stay as close as possible to that area, while still enjoying a nice beach.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalingo hotel?

From the airport it's about a 10 minute ride. To the ferry it's about the same, maybe a 15 minute ride. Morne Rouge beach is just to the south of Grand Anse. Actually you can walk to Grand Anse from there, so you have 2 beaches you can enjoy.

Boston
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalingo hotel?

Hi! Here are some Tripadvisor Reviews. You may have had trouble finding them on the web if you searched for Kalingo (the spelling is Kalinago). They seem pretty positive. We will be staying in a Mahogany Run condo on the same beach starting Jan 23. Can't wait!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147296-d173726…

montréal, québec
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalingo hotel?

Thank you! we're getting very excited too with the prospect of leaving the cold and the snow for 2 weeks, can't wait!

Miami Beach, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalingo hotel?

Stay on Grand Anse Beach. The service at the Kalingo is terrible and I would not reccomend the hotel. I would reccomend Mt. Cinnamon or the Flamboyant. The Flamboyant has a kitchenette and is much more accessible to transportation, activities, etc. The beach the Kalingo is on is small and secluded, but Grand Anse beach is relatively calm itself and the views from Grand Anse are AMAZING!!!!. The Kalingo was just okay, not to mention there's some unsightly construction going on nearby.

Vermont
Level Contributor
135 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalingo hotel?

My husband and I stayed at the Kalinago last summer. I wouldn't go back. The beach was nice,but too small to do any serious walking which we like to do. I like the sound of waves,too and there were none @ Morne Rouge. Not having a kitchenette makes it expensive,too. We walked a lot to go to Grand Anse beach which was beautiful.I found other nicer beaches and places to stay on the island,too.

Sausalito, CA
Level Contributor
99 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kalingo hotel?

I'm a little late to the party, but I have to say something in defence of Kalinago. We have stayed in many places around Grand Anse including Jenny's, Flamboyant and Grenada Grand and we really liked Kalinago by comparison. It is right on the beach and the first night I had a dream the waves were washing us away, they were that close.

The beach is really pleasant and calm for swimming. It is a lot more secluded than Grand Anse which can be really pleasant as swimming is nice when it's not quite as public. Grand Anse is an easy walk away (and for those of us chowing down on vacay, what's bad about a walk?) The kitchen was uneven, but it's new, so give them some time. Plus the adjacent hotel has some of the best priced bar food. I really liked the place and wasn't prepared to, so do trust the better reviews.

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
97 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kalingo hotel?

there is a noisy night club nearby

10. Re: Kalingo hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about St. George's