We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adapters

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Adapters

I will be coming on the 6th of November, I would like to know if I need a adapters for my phone and my wifes hair dryer. We are coming from NY.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adapters

Hey coach

Check out this link from the Grenada Tourist Board. Should help you out. Where you staying?? First trip to Grenada?? We fell in love with the island and hopefully will be returning in Mar/11

grenada-guide.info/travel.basics/electricity/

Cheers

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adapters

It depends on which hotel you are staying. Some of the higher end hotels do have the U.S. style outlets. However to be on the safe side, I would advise bringing at least one adapter. The standard is the 3-flat prong plug used in the U.K. Here's a photo:

…imageevent.com/kajugo/may2009grenadahotels/…

Most electronics (mobile phones, cameras, computers) are dual-voltage. Look at your phone and see if it says 110-240V. It's usually printed on the charger. If it is, then you don't need a transformer.

Not sure about the hair dryer. Why not check with your hotel and see if they provide a hair dryer? Most hotels do, so your wife may not need to take hers.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adapters

I am staying at the Coyaba, This is our first time on the island I am looking forward to the visit the island looks beatiful. Thanks for the help.Kurt

4. Re: Adapters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:37 am, May 02, 2011
Get answers to your questions about St. George's