We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

We have a week in Grenada in November and I am looking for a really good hotel, not all inclusive as we like to eat different places. It must havee xcellent beach for swimming.

Is Mt Cinnamon worth considering?

It seems very expensive and not many reviews as yet. Can anyone tell me about swimming from the beach there?

Thanks in advance

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

Wow that's quite pricey, for not even being right on the beach. How about Coyaba? Centrally located on Grand Anse. I just looked at prices for early November and Coyaba is about half of Mt. Cinnamon.

What do you define as "excellent beach" for swimming? Calm waters? Do you care if the sand is light or dark?

Calabash in Lance Aux Epines is on a very calm bay, but the sand is dark.

Morne Rouge is another calm beach, but the only hotel there is Holiday Gems and I don't believe they would be in the same category as Coyaba or Mt. Cinnamon.

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
628 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

We toured Mt. Cinnamon in Nov, and it is quite nice. We had actually stayed there when it was Cinnamon Hill, and really liked it. We looked at a beautifully decorated one bedroom villa that had a sleep sofa in the living room; nice kitchen that comes stocked with some wine, sodas, and a snack basket; has a washer and dryer, TV and rents for $400/day. The pool is beautiful and it has a first class restaurant. The villas overlook Grand Anse. Their property actually runs down to beach where they have beach chairs, a beach bar, etc. The grounds are gorgeous - lot's of flowers and shrubs. Not sure the size of villa you priced but we definitely thought the one bedroom villa was wealth worth $400/day.

London
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

Hi Pigsterz and Sandra

Thanks for replies.

I'd like a calm sea for swimming and hopefully snorkelling. Not bothered with colour of the sand.

We don't need washer facilities or things like that.

Am now getting confused as to whether Mt Cinnamon is actually on the beach. If it's not, then it's def a no no.

What puts me off Calabash is the private breakfast on your terrace.I know that would be a big plus for many people, but actually we don't want to decide the night before what time and what we want for breakfast.Also we really enjoy choosing at breakfast buffets.

It would be nice to be able to walk to diff.restaurants each night for a meal too.

Any more help gratefully appreciated.

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
628 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

Mt. Cinnamon villas are not on the beach. Their property extends to the beach but you have to walk down the hill and across a road to the beach area. If you want to be on the beach, try the Coyaba as it is on Grand Anse Beach; has beautiful grounds; nice bar and pool;and is within walking distance of about 10 restaurants. There is a mall close by as well as a vendors mall. The beach vendors can be a little annoying by approaching you to buy from them but a polite "no thank you" and they'll leave you alone. I have never been on the beach except during the Feb boat races when the beach was crowded. Some people like to stay at the Rex out by the airport as it has a nice beach. But you are rather isolated - only one close restaurant other than what's at the hotel. Of course the close restaurant is my favorite in Grenada, The Aquarium. A must! Especially for their Sunday BBQ. The grilled lobster and tuna are to die for! You can hang out on the beach, drink at the beach bar and have your lunch sitting outside in your swimsuit. Can't beat it!

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

The Mount Cinnamon is not on the beach. They do have a Beach Club but you do have to walk down a hill to it. Grand Anse is a great beach, long, white sand and gradually shelving but it can be quire rough if the sea is in swell.

If you are considering Mt Cinnamon I would'nt think that the Coyaba is suitable. It is in a good position but the rooms are quite basic. I know you said you didn't want AI but I think the Spice Island would be a better bet. The Sea Grape Suites are directly on the beach.

kdpm1
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

just returned and def going again next year so checked out some other hotels! we liked the look of mount cinnamon & the spice island resort & both amazing. If you are prepared to pay mount cinnamon prices you should check out spice island resort, we toured 4 of their accomodation and all were superb and directly on beach. their prices for all inclusive(and real all inclusive, not like some of the hotels)is cheaper than mount cinnamons B&B! don't quite know where MC got their rates from!!!MC lovely but villas on hillside & then walk across road & gardens to beach with immaculate beachside facilities - looked very tempting! They are also selling properties off plan for MC so future building work?-although we didnt see any when we were there. We went for drinks a couple of times (because it looked sooo nice) but were the only ones there!Although come Nov the season will be open again so should be busier.

Is it worth it? not yet, maybe when the resort is complete?

Grand Anse beach superb for swimming & snorkelling. Beautiful turq waters, and white sands.

London
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

Thanks KDPM. We want to eat out diff places but yes I had wondered about staying in garden room at Spice Island and just not eating meals there most days because cost is sim. to Mt C. But I suspect that if we had the all inclusive option we would then have eaten there most nights.

The seafacing rooms at Spice Island bump the price up quite a bit more than cost at Mt C.and we would really like to be seafacing.

Where did you actually stay in Grenada and how was that hotel?

I emailed Mt C about the beach issue and they phoned me back in the UK at the time I suggested which was impressive.

The rest of our trip is fairly budget, and we have free flights. The week in grenada is meant to be relaxing in luxury, but beach is very important to me.

Any more info from people really appreciated.

kdpm1
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

we stayed at the flamboyant hotel on grand anse beach - which although had lots of character & we loved it is by no means a luxury hotel (3*?)which is why we had a look at the other 2 in prep for returning to the island next year!

NL
Level Contributor
3 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

We are also a bit "confused" as where to stay

when we go in December (christmas period).

All hotels are pretty expensive then.

I don't like the look of the beach suites

at Spice Island, looks a bit like "motel type"

to me ...despite of the high prices. Also no

privacy, your chair and your neighbors are kind

of next to each other...

MC we are looking into too, but don't know about

the location up the hill, is it all stairs you have

to walk down to the beach ?

How's the pool ? is that where the villas are ?

And has anybody seen or visited the Grenada Grand Beach Resort ?? I am really wondering what and how this is. Their own pictures on the website look

nice, its directly on GrandAnse Beach and gets good points for that ...but a lot of reviews say it is

in definite need for renovations ....

Does anybody know more ?

Alaska
Level Contributor
372 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mt Cinnamon - is it worth it?

You truly can't compare Grenada Grand with Spice Island or Mt. C. Grenada Grand has lovely grounds, a fantastic fantasy pool, but the rooms are much more like a Holiday Inn - very basic, nothing special; and the food is iffy.

Spice Island and Mt. C are both very upscale resorts where you would receive a fare share of pampering I'm sure and excellent service!

Get answers to your questions about St. George's