We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining options if not all inclusive

Jordan, Ontario
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
dining options if not all inclusive

hi ... thinking of not going all inclusive. any idea of how much to budget per day for food, and good places to eat

Grenada
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: dining options if not all inclusive

According to where you are staying there are some fine restaurants like Aquarium, La Luna, Savvys at Mt cINNAMON AND Olivers at Spice Island or La Belle Creole at Blue Horizons. or go to www.grenadayp.com and search restaurants

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dining options if not all inclusive

I would also recommend La Belle Creole.

Fairport, New York
Level Contributor
809 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dining options if not all inclusive

budget lots! food is expensive. realistically I would say $70-$100 for dinners (US), about 1/2 as much for lunch and maybe 1/2 as much again for breakfast.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kagjjg

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
646 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dining options if not all inclusive

There are so many good places to eat in Grenada. Dinner at La Belle Creole is a four course meal and runs around $50/person not including drinks. We always go to the Aquarium for their Sunday BBQ . The grilled lobster and and tuna (rare) are to die for as are the grilled tomatoes. You can hang out at the beach, enjoy drinks at the bar and eat your lobster in your swimsuit sitting out by the beach. Awesome! Cost will depend on your bar tab but I would say around $40/person. Another favorite of ours is La Boulangerie - great place for breakfast or pastries, pizza, lasagne, etc. Quite inexpensive. Also, if you want to really try local food, try Deyna's which is across from the fish market. Very reasonable. On Friday nite you can go to the local BBQ at "Wall Street" which is the area with all the banks right near Grand Anse Beach. Coconuts on Grand Anse Beach is quite good both for lunch and dinner and not overly expensive. I would say we spend on the average of about $100/day for 2 for food - some days more, some days less. We always make a stop at the grocery store for bottled water, cokes, Ting, yogurt, rum and snacks, and that helps keep the food cost down a little.

France
Level Contributor
152 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dining options if not all inclusive

"Da Big Fish" is a safe bet for food and ate there 3 nights during our stay.

You can have pretty much what you want dependant on your tastebuds...pizza, fish, pasta, bajan or regular cuisine.

Don't like to advertise it too much though as it's a great place I want to keep to myself!

6. Re: dining options if not all inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. George's