We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip by air to carriacou/day trips to nearby islands

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
horsham,west sussex
Level Contributor
47 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
day trip by air to carriacou/day trips to nearby islands

has anyone done the day trip across to carriacou by air.would like to hear any views,hope to do it in feb.

also anyone done day trips to nearby islands,i have done the mayreau/palm island/tobago cays trip twice .

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
213 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip by air to carriacou/day trips to nearby islands

Hi Horsham

Carriacou is a magical Island with lovely people and ‘Paradise Beach’ which is truly breathtaking

I would recommend a day trip to Carriacou on the Osprey fast cat ferry from St George’s harbour which leaves about 9:30 am and gets back at about 6:00 pm. When you arrive at Hillsborough get a taxi/bus out to Paradise beach and then walk the full length of the beach to Paradise Inn grab a drink and ask where you can get a taxi/bus back to town. If you still have time it will take 15 mins to walk around the town.

gbysea

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip by air to carriacou/day trips to nearby islands

You can also fly on SVG air. The current rates are $37 US one way. It's pretty fast and convenient, particularly for a day trip.

On the ferry, sometimes near the north of Grenada in open waters, there can be tremendous amount of turbulence. So, if you take the ferry and suffer form motion sickness, make sure you go prepared!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip by air to carriacou/day trips to nearby islands

Hi There!

We did the puddle jump from Grenada to Carrioucou in February 1997. We rented a car to tour and explore the island. It is a very laid back island...the quintessential Caribbean. We met a local fisherman who floated us over to an offshore "island" (Sandy Island if I recall correctly). We were the only 3 people on this floating sandbar for the afternoon and it was out of this world! What an experience. Well worth it if you ask me! Grenada is a gem as well!

Bubby

4. Re: day trip by air to carriacou/day trips to nearby islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. George's