We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

island tours....book at home or on holiday

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
island tours....book at home or on holiday

We are visiting Grenada in March, staying at Sandals Le Source. Is it best to book trips out whilst at home or when we reach Grenada?

Also does anyone have a price list for comparison, Sandals as opposed to another tour company?

Thank you

essex
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: island tours....book at home or on holiday

Hi, we're going in April and I was wondering the same thing. I would be interested to know what you did and if you have any suggestions or tips after you have been, I would be grateful if you could pass them on. Have a great time.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: island tours....book at home or on holiday

We're going in May and I booked ours already from home

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: island tours....book at home or on holiday

If you book from home or with your hotel you will definitely:

Pay more, they take a cut

Not know who your tour will be with, they will either subcontract one of a no of taxis or a local tour company. Even if they say who it will be, if theres a cruise ship in that day, the main man will make more from that and will sometimes sub sub contract...

Feel safer because your tour operator and local rep (who both take a cut, this is why reps have great welcome meetings) will offer some dubious guarantee of quality or maybe real insurance which your holiday insurance probably covers already.

Get the standard tour, type a b or c cause thats what is paid for.

Overall, book with a real recommended person, and if you are happy to pay for it, make your own itinery and book a taxi for x hours, with a known extra cost per hour if you want to stay longer.

My personal favourite, if you are there for a while, arent worried about the driving, and are not in a hurry, rent a car and do it yourself, enjoying getting lost occasionally.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: island tours....book at home or on holiday

@vanvanEssex, are you also staying at Sandals??

essex
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: island tours....book at home or on holiday

No. Coyoba beach resort

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: island tours....book at home or on holiday

We always find that we prefer to wait and book while we are on vacation. The timetable you set when you are home goes out the window when you are on vacation and your idea of what you want to do with your time and how much you want to spend to do it can change drastically.

7. Re: island tours....book at home or on holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Grenada