We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry facility in Grenada?

arizona
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry facility in Grenada?

I just learned that the Calabash Hotel does not have a self service laundry. I prefer to not send out my laundry. Does anyone know where the closest laundromat to the Calabash is located? I really don't want to pack 2 weeks of clothes along. Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry facility in Grenada?

There is a laundromat on the side street where the Grand Anse Shopping Centre is located. I did my laundry there last time and was quite impressed. It was very clean and the owners were on site, very helpful with how to operate the machines and friendly. A far cry from laundromats here in the U.S. which are usually yucky. LOL. It was pretty expensive though...the equivalent of US$4 a load if I recall correctly.

I don't think the Prickly Bay Marina has a laundromat. When I had checked before they only have a service where you can drop off your laundry and they will do it for you.

Mentioned in this post
Prickly Bay Marina
Prickly Bay Marina
216 Reviews
Grenada
arizona
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry facility in Grenada?

Thanks. I think my husband and I will check it out. I should only need to do a couple loads so I guess the $4 or so a load isn't too bad. Better than taking too many clothes along (which I always end up doing anyway).

Boston...
Level Contributor
89 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry facility in Grenada?

When you are leaving Lance Aux Epines, there is a laundry at the end of the road (across from the small collection of outdoor market stalls). I couldn't tell if it was self serve or drop off, but eiher way I am sure the charge is very, very resonable as it is aimed at locals. Also - there is a lovely and super friendly tailor in the little market I described above - who does on the spot repairs.

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry facility in Grenada?

Adding to the Morne Tout laundrymat just down the street from Grand Anse Shopping Centre...

Be sure to spray yourself with insect repellent, and bring it with you. For some reason there are a lot of mosquitoes, even during the daytime.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Laundry facility in Grenada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, May 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Grenada