We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where next after Caya Leventado?

shropshire
Level Contributor
371 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Where next after Caya Leventado?

Having just returned from an amazing hol in caya leventado and am wondering where to go next Xmas ?

For the first time ever I am considering returning but just wondered where others, who are GBCL fans, have also enjoyed?

Cant afford Maldives again and have already been to Langkawi and Playacar in Mexico (both of which I would reccomend).

Tamworth
Level Contributor
227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

Just thinking are we not all very lucky to be looking for holidays world wide I can remember when we first got married in 1977 a week camping in rhyl was a treat but great fun.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

Lucky you - we were also married in 1977 and couldn't afford a honeymoon or a holiday that year after finding a deposit for the house! A week in Rhyll would have been luxury!

Seriously though, I agree with your sentiments. How very lucky we are - and the thrill of foreign travel and the opportunities we have never leaves me. If you have your health, you have everything.

Happy New Year and happy holidays!

Cheers♥

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

yes greece is lovely and egypt is not so good at christmas. what about Aruba.

i dont fancy cuba, people we holidayed with this xmas didnt rate it much for new year because of the food and lower standards.

it is limited at christmas when trying to chase the sun. anyone tryed Gambia?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

Secrets Maroma Beach in Playa del Carmen, Mexico (Maya Riviera) is fantastic. We would go there again if we could afford it. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary last April and therefore spent more than we normally would for a 1-week vacation. Apparently this resort has the best beach in Playa del Carmen.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

yes we saw the secrets and spoke to customers on the beach they were all happy. i would stay there. we have stayed at ederado seaside suits and it was nice but not as nice as the GBCL which will take some beating in my book.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

Valentin imperial maya outside Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. We went last winter and it was wonderful!

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

El Gouna looks interesting. Do you have to fly into Luxor for it? When I went to Egypt some time back (over 10 years ago) Luxor airport was a disgrace.

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

Beanerd, if Luxor airport is anything like Sharm I agree, total disgrace. Utterly disgusting loos, massive overcrowding, no lounge (business, VIP or whatever you want to call it) to escape to. I was OK while in Sharm itself, but was desperately ill on return and I blame the airport. GP even made a home visit, unasked, as he was so concerned. I will not go to Egypt again.

GBCL is very reasonably priced, but once you start looking at more expensive places, you might as well consider the cheaper Maldives resorts. I would not cough up for any destination if I could pay less and get the Maldives.

Edited: 7:43 am, January 22, 2013
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

Hi MissFitts, I think you're right not to return to Egypt. I'd consider it, but only if they massively improved the airport. I don't understand why it's such a disgrace, other poor countries like Dom Rep have much nicer airports.

When we flew to Luxor the baggage reclaim hall was bedlam, crammed with people. The toilets were flooded, dirty, and there was a guy handing out bog roll to use for drying your hands (!) in exchange for a tip.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Where next after Caya Leventado?

We've been considering South Africa for next Xmas, Cape Town for five nights then a safari.

A friend of mine went to Gambia this Christmas and really rated it, she said it was boiling hot too.

A couple we met at GBPCL this year said they went to Cape Verde last Xmas and really enjoyed it.