We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester to Cayo Levantado

Leeds
Level Contributor
380 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester to Cayo Levantado

We are going to Cayo Levantado on Wednesday from Manchester (10.15am flight).

Can anyone who has done the trip advise if, assuming no unforeseen delays, we are likely to arrive in time to get an evening meal before the buffet closes.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester to Cayo Levantado

Since Dom Rep is a few hours behind GMT you should get to the island in time for the evening buffet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester to Cayo Levantado

Hey,

We have left from Gatwick on a 9:50am flight (with a delay of about 40min) arrived in the island just before 10pm. They kept the buffet open for us, so hopefully they will do the same for you. If not, room service is available 24 hours, so you will be able to get some food.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester to Cayo Levantado

Are you flying to Samana? If so I'd expect you to get to the island by early evening, but perhaps not if you have a long transfer from a more distant airport.

Leeds
Level Contributor
380 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester to Cayo Levantado

No....flying into Punta Cana, which I believe is a 4 hourr road transfer then the ferry.

Didn't realise there was 24 hr room service so maybe it won't be a problem.

england
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester to Cayo Levantado

There is 24 hour room service but some guests have noted that not all rooms have a menu in them, if there is no food provided when you arrive if you just ask when checking in for a menu, as I recall the evening menu is burger fries, chicken friends nachos etc., toasted sandwiches and hot beverages but certainly enough to keep you going till breakfast.

When we were there last year a group coming in from Canada were delayed due to tech problems and they were setting up a cold buffet for them in the dining room as we were going to be about midnight, so they do take delays/late arrivals into considering when they are aware of them.

But if you are flying into POP assume 4 hours minimum from plane to hotel but expect longer. You will get a comfort break, take your own wipes and toilet tissue equivalent and grab a couple of beers for the journey at the airport. It will be worth it when you arrive honestly.....

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester to Cayo Levantado

Hi, I too am travelling from Manchester, it suprises me that it may take till 10pm to get to the island. Our flight gets into POP at 13:50, even with a three-four hour transfer and 1 hour to get your luggage that hopefully is only early evening arrival... yikes... thats one long game of I-Spy :-)

shropshire
Level Contributor
371 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester to Cayo Levantado

Our flight got in at 3-30 and we were at resort for 9-30!

journey forgotten once youre there but might want to arrange flight back - lovely end to holiday!

8. Re: Manchester to Cayo Levantado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 10, 2014