We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Hello everyone!

As promised I will try to post each day of our stay despite our upcoming wedding. We arrived a few hours ago and are just in absolute awe of this place. The sheer beauty is amazing. It has been sunny and beautiful since we stepped off the plane onto the tarmac. We haven't been to our room yet as it wasn't quite ready and we had a meeting with Simona, the wedding coordinator. Everyone in our party is absolutely loving the resort so far and the friendliness that exudes from each and every staff member. I'm very sleep deprived but am already thinking I don''t want to sleep much here. I simply want to enjoy and experience all this amazing resort has to offer. I will post again tomorrow. Going to head off to our room and get something to eat. If anyone has any questions, let me know. The weather has been fantastic although the report on the weather network showed thunderstorms. Nothing but heat and sunshine to be had. Write soon.

Leanne

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Hi Leanne!

We've been wondering where you were! Thanks for posting.

How was the flights and the transfer?

Where is your room located? You should be able to give us a good insight into your opinions re rooms as I assume your party will have a variety?

We look forward to hearing about your wedding.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Leanne -- so glad to hear that you're there and hopefully have time to provide a few posts. When is the wedding day? We were there the week of Nov.3rd - 10th, but did not see any weddings.

Are you in the main building or in one of the villas?

I hope you continue to get beautiful weather! Have a fantastic time!

Bedford
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Thanks for posting, so pleased you arrived safely and first impressions are so good. Looking forward to hearing all about it .

shropshire
Level Contributor
370 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Hi Leanne

Glad youve arrived safely and the sun is out to welcome you!

Hope your room lives up to expectation too!

Cant wait to hear how you're getting on and of course all about your wedding!

Enjoy!

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Hi Everyone!

The flights and the transfer were fantastic and seamless. We were in Executive Class on our Air Canada flight and I have to say I think I am spoiled for ever flying economy again! Our room is AMAZING!! We are in Villa 16 and room 16101. I had asked for a top floor ocean view unobstructed by trees and they definitely delivered. It is heaven!! I have spoken to everyone in our party and they are so amazed by their rooms also. We have guests who travel plenty and said they have never had rooms so nice as the ones here at Cayo Levantado. We were told on our bus ride by the Air Canada Representative here that the bride and groom get free tours which was news to us. That''s a bonus! Our wedding is Wednesday November 21. I hope all goes off without a hitch. Write soon. Thanks for all your kind words.

Leanne

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

I hope your wedding day is perfect! You have picked such a beautiful and romantic place to get married. Hope you enjoy your stay and thanks so much for taking the time to post here... have a fantastic stay Leanne!

If you get to the public beach, order a pina coloda... they make the best I've ever had there.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Leanne, I'm so excited for you and your upcoming wedding.

I also can't wait to see pics.

Are most of your friends located near you or are their rooms scattered around the resort.?

Wishing you and your husband to be, many happy years together.

My husband and I are going in January to celebrate our 30th anniversary.

Hope you have that many and more years together

Charlene

england
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Leanne have put a note on the calendar for the 21st and Nick and I will raise and absent glass to your nuptuals. So pleased that everything is going OK we get quite a number of nervous brides to be using the forum and one or two that have been disappointed with the Brit end of the wedding arrangements, note sure that Thomson make clear to them what their costs cover...... no surprise there then...

Get lots of beauty sleep and dont get sun burned..... and really you dont have to wear shoes for the ceremony if you dont want tooo.. Will imagine you special time and look forward to seeing some pics and reading your musings if you have time. How many of you are out there ???

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

sounds like a great start to your holiday, let us know about the night time entertainment and ofcourse the food!!!!

Im thinking this wedding will be very special for you both

Bedford
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cayo Levantado November 18-25

Have a wonderful day tomorrow, and very best wishes for a long and happy marriage.