We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please!!!!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario, canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Help Please!!!!!

My boyfriend and I are booking our trip to punta cana tomorrow and can't decide which hotel to pick?? It is either the Bahia Principe or the Melia Tropical....which one is better?? We are both 23 and are very active people. We like large swimming pools and like eating..LOL. Help???

East Coast
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Please!!!!!

We were at Melia Tropical last year. We just love this resort would go back in a heartbeat.You have access to the Melia section the pools are huges.The only thing is you have to take a train to bring you to the beach.The resort is huge.We also walk it a few times not so bad. It's a beautiful resort.The rooms are beautiful. Can't go wrong with this one. Yet I read a lot of good reviews on Bahia Principe.Good luck have fun.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Please!!!!!

Do either of you golf at all???Melia is great if you want to golf 3 times per week (included). We picked Bahia because of so many recomendations from people we know that have been there and from alll the info on the web and these forums....if you are looking for a Cancun type of atmosphere (late night benders and bars full to the brim with drunks) then neither of the hotels you mention will offer that for you.

good luck

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Please!!!!!

No, we are not really looking for a party place, but was wondering which resort was nicer and had a little more activities to do during the day??