We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Palace Punta Cana

Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Palace Punta Cana

My wife and i are going to DR with another couple in March. We are staying at the RIU Palace Punta Cana. Can anyone who staying there let me know what they thought?

Thanks

Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

Sorry, anyone who has stayed at this resort let me know what they thought.

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

I didn't stay there but I saw it and it looks amazing... I did stay at Riu Palace Mexico and it was luxurious and the service was wonderful.. I bet the one in Punta Cana is like that also.

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

You are in for a wonderful week or two of great service, luxurious surroundings, gourmet food and a tranquil powder white beach.....

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

I agree with the review above mine. The place is spectacular. I would have to say it is probably one of the nicest resorts in Punta Cana.

I have stayed in 4 Rius over the past 3 years. Riu Palace Maceo, Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun (the beach was not that great), the Riu Paradise Island (they bought the old Sheraton Hotel next to the Beach Towers of the Atlantis) and the new Riu Palace Punta Cana in August of 06. The weather in August was unbelievable - a cool breeze on the beach! No one would believe me!

I tell people its like someone placed the Taj Mahal right in the middle of Punta Cana - big, white and beautiful!

One thing I've noticed about the Riu properties and this goes for these big hotel all-inclusive chains from Spain/Europe (SolMelia, Iberostar, Riu) - they all have hands on management who are always around and making sure things are running smoothly.

From the Dining Room to the restaurants to the maids - I have not had anything to complain about.

Have fun!!

upstate new york
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

Sounds wonderful - I cant wait to get there!

On the beach - do they have music on the beach all day?

Looking forward to some good Reggae . . .

upstate new york
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

Sounds wonderful - I cant wait to get there!

On the beach - do they have music on the beach all day?

Looking forward to some good Reggae . . .

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

No music on the beach - music at the pool area. I love a quiet beach to read and relax - no need for a lot of noise.

upstate new york
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

Ahhh, peace and quiet! We do like to spend the whole day on the beach reading and relaxing, and the music gets annoying after awhile. Did you take any of the island excursions?

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
261 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

Notaseasonedtraveler:

What a name!! In any event, I don't do excursions - waste of precious beach time!

I just want to thank the Good Lord for getting me down there again in one piece with my family and just stare into that big beautiful body of water with a Pina Colada/Mudslide/Miami Vice/Bahama Mama in my hand, or occasionally, a cup of water!!!

Seriously, from what I have read, the all-terrain vehicle excursion seems like fun, but your clothes and shoes get very dirty.

We have a family friend who owns a home at the Punta Cana Golf and Resort Club and I am going to try to stop by when we go down in April.

What part of New York are you from ??

upstate new york
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: RIU Palace Punta Cana

Up near Buffalo, yeah, the snowbelt! But we're Yankee fans, oh, wait you're not a Mets fan, are you?