We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the weather like in June

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the weather like in June

I am going to Sunscape the beach in June for 2 weeks for my honeymoon and I was just wondering what the weather was like then?

I am very fair skinned and don't normally get a tan in a week so hoping that if I use loads of high factor for the first part and slightly lower later on I might at least get a glow!! :)

It makes it worse that husband to be just has to be in the sun for seconds and gets a lovely colour.

Thinking of factor 30-50 first part of holiday - is it hot enough to warrent this though?

Thanks

Emily

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the weather like in June

In June its hot, hot ,hot,

This resort has nice breeses in buildings 6,7,8,9 ocean/gardenview.

Might be a good idea to look into a room in one of these buildings.

I might suggest to pre-tan before you go or use a verrrry highsunscrean.

You will have a great time , I was there for New Years in a honeymoonsuit in building #6 We loved it.

Terry

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the weather like in June

leipere,

It is very hot in Punta Cana in June. It was close to 100 degrees all week while we were there (although the locals said it was hotter than usual for them). I would recommend a months worth of "fake baking" before you go. Also 50spf would not be too high for you. I tan fairly easily but burned my first day...makes for an embarrasing vacation with blisters all over your back!!!! I would start with the 50spf and use something less toward the end of your vacation if you are not getting the tropical tan that you want to go home with. Also, don't forget sunscreen on your ears and lips...Enjoy your trip...we will be going back in June as well, but I think to the Majestic.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,701 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the weather like in June

In reality the difference between summer and winter is about 5 degrees. Right now we average a high in the mid 80´s,,,summer low 90´s.

What actually changes is the humidity. Right now it is very comfortable at 66% humidity and 85 degrees. Summer the humidity is in the low 80´s giving the feeling that the temperature is much higher...although it is not.

majestic Mike

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the weather like in June

thanks for the tip on the room numbers Terry.

I'll make sure I pack plenty of sunscreen I certainly don't want to have to keep covered up if I get badly burt the first day or so.

I am sooo looking forward to enjoying this holiday.

Thanks again for the help I am sure I will be posting loads more soon.

Emily

5. Re: Whats the weather like in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, August 19, 2009