We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

devon uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

any questions???

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
152 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

how was the weather?

Central Maine
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

What are the best rooms at the Punta Cana?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

Well what a great invitation! I am looking for somewhere to go in March. I live in Vancouver BC and will be meeting up with 2 friends from Ireland. We are women in our 50's and last year we went to the Iberostar Varadero in Cuba, and loved it. I especially loved the music everywhere in Cuba as I am a drummer! I would like to see somewhere new, and haven't been anywhere else in the Caribbean, just to Mexico once with my daughter. I like to get out and see the local sights, and my friends like to stay at the beach. Are there bugs there? They love me. Well, that's probably enough questions for now.Thanks so much.

new jersey
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

Do they have irons and ironing boards in the room?

devon uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

hi guys i would like to start by saying we had a great holiday.

The weather was not the best, the day we arrived was really hot and sunny then the weather changed the wind picked up and it rained and rained it was even quite cold on the beach. We were in punta cana for 2 weeks and on our last couple of days the wind dropped and the sun was red hot typical!!! dont let this put you off going at this time of year because even the workers were saying they had never known the weather to be like this at this time of year. we have travelled to punta cana 3 times in oct, once in may and once in dec.

The best rooms in punta cana are the 6000 rooms they are bigger than the standard rooms and you have tea and coffee making facilities. these rooms are close to the lobby so you cant get a pool of sea view.

due to the rain i did get bitten by the bugs even though i did use repellant spray. the bugs are not normally a problem for me.

the rooms did not have an iron but if you ask at reception im sure they will supply them

any more questions please ask

hope this helps

ontario
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

We are leaving for the Punta Cana/Dominica next week .

Would like to know if they have any Canadian Rye Whiskey at the

Punta Cana.

Looks like a really nice Resort what did you think?

devon uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

im not sure about the whiskey. they normally keep all the named brands hidden away so just ask.

i thought the resort was perfect this was our third stay at iberostar and i would return again again and again.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
279 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

Hi Kellogs. I am presently looking at the possibility of going to the IB Punta Cana/Dominica (also looking at the IB Bavaro...do you know anything about this resort). We are however stuck. We have been to the IB Tucan in Mexico twice and are also looking at either that or the IB Del Mar again in Mexico. You wouldn't by any chance have stayed at both places??!! Well if not, can you please tell me what you thought about Punta Cana, the pool, the beach, the best rooms near the pool/beach with a good view and the food. Many thanks

9. Re: just returned iberostar punta cana/ dominicana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 26, 2009