We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
356 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
"Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

I just noticed this fine-print on some of the hotel reviews: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel".

When I click on its link, this explanation comes up: "This business uses online tools and resources provided by TripAdvisor to encourage and collect reviews (including this one) from its guests."

Anyone know what's going on? Can the hotel edit or eliminate unfavorable reviews? It may be perfectly innocent, but it seems fishy to me!

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

Have seen that, a little confusing. I think it has something to do with also putting your review on the hotel's website.

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

Haven't noticed it but 98% of the time I'm using the TA mobile app so not sure if that shows up on this version.

What I dont care for much are reviews that focus solely on gushing over the staff of a resort but provide zero details about their actual stay there. Noticing a lot of those lately for SCC, which I skip over bc the information isn't helpful. One reviewer flat out stated he enjoyed his stay but was badgered by a certain staff member to leave a 5 star TA review and mention names while the person was right in front of him. Once I read that other reviews started to make more sense. Shame, don't think SCC needs to resort to this as its a beautiful facility.

Dunnville, Canada
Level Contributor
927 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

Some Hotels will collect your e-mail address. After you have returned home they will E-mail you and ask that you submit a review. If you click on yes it will take you directly to the tripadvisor website reviews section. That is where the partnership is the hotel connects you with tripadvisor

Oakmont...
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

ITs not from using the mobile app, cause my wife submitted a review and it was did not say that. I am curious to know as well.

Severn, Maryland
Level Contributor
95 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

When my 2 friends and I checked out of Majestic Colonial last year, the guy in charge asked us to fill out reviews. I said no because I was going to fill out a TA review. My other two friends filled them out putting in "weak drinks" and "unsatisfactory" maid service. (taking the tip, but not cleaning the room) and other things they didn't like. Needless to say, the only review I've seen published anywhere is mine on TA. I guess the hotel only publishes positive ones?

Mentioned in this post
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
Majestic Colonial Punta...
19,231 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Dunnville, Canada
Level Contributor
927 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

When it is in partnership as these reviews state, it is out the the Hotels hands, once you click on write a review it takes you direct to tripadvisor.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

Just as bulldog says the hotel does not control it. Been to a couple places where upon checkout they will ask if you would like to review the hotel. Both would hand you a tablet. It is not written on paper and handed to anyone on the hotel. I've never done it since I prefer to get my thoughts together once I return home.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

When we were at Les Suites Turquesa the butler was regularly asking travellers to submit a review on Trip Advisor where he sits beside you while you write the review!

Christine

Matawan, New Jersey
Level Contributor
354 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

I have also noticed that some hotels only respond to the positive reviews they get on TA. ME responds to a lot the positive reviews and ignores the negative ones.

10. Re: "Review collected in partnership with this hotel." What?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 14, 2017