We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go (Quiet)

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
4 posts
Save Topic
Best time to go (Quiet)

My wife and I have heard great things about Punta Cana. Two questions we had were, when are the least amount of people there and what is the best hotel to go to for a romantic getaway, prefer no kids...

Thanks!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to go (Quiet)

Excellence Resort Punta Cana....#1 Adult Only ..!!!!! The Best ...!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to go (Quiet)

We went to a resort in PC the end of May the beginning of June one year and honestly I felt we owned the place. We could walk around during the day and not see other people. We went back to a sister resort a couple years later in Jan and it was a zoo. Night and day but than again May is off season and Jan is not.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to go (Quiet)

I am going the end of May, beginning of June. What is the weather like typically. Also, because it is a low key time of year, is there not as much entertainment, etc. ie. restaurants closed at the resorts.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to go (Quiet)

It was pretty hot (dah) but we don't do much but play in the water and walk a bit so we didn't care. We were at the Caribe Club and I don't remember anything being closed because of the low occupancy but I have heard stories from other resorts where they close down restarants or bars. Best after you choose a resort to go back and read reviews from people that stayed there during that same time frame.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to go (Quiet)

Thanks, tooteep.

6. Re: Best time to go (Quiet)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 23, 2009