We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???*

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???*

Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???* thanks :)

Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???*

This is my opinion but it seems to be consistent with most reviews that I've read:

1. French

2.Japanese or the Grill/Steak house at the middle pool

I did not enjoy the Mexican and only ate at the Italian and Fish restaurant (by the large pool at the beach) for lunch. I don't think these 2 rate too highly as a la cartes experiences but I enjoyed them at lunchtime because their food was better than the junkier food they tended to serve at the beach.

The quality of Buffet food doesn't thrill me but it was fine for breakfast.

Koz
Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???*

Went to all of them! Make your reservations at the 3 you think you might like the best. On the other nites, dress appropriatly, by 7pm, stop in at the resturant that you did not reserve dinner at, tell them (the hostess), that you do not have reservations their, but would like have dinner their. One place seated right away, another told us to come back at 8:30, it would be no problem at that time! ps, there was 4 in our party. The worst that could happen...go at the buffet, which is good to very good anyhow!

Good Luck + Good Tanning!!!

Koz

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???*

Koz,

We're going to the BP in a few weeks and I've been reading these sites weekly for a few months now. Yours is the first tip I've read on trying all the a la cartes. Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoyed your stay.

This is a keeper.

Catherine

Brampton, Ontario
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???*

KOZ,

What was your favourite a la cartes and did you give them a tip to get in there also? Going April 17. Can't wait.

Koz
Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???*

As far as I'm concerned, this place was great! Not a lot to do, but, relax and relax some more. Went on a couple of 'tours' booked through our apple rep. Enjoyed them also! The weather was perfect, get the lotion on early, the sun can be very hot! It's tough to get a drink on the beach, but we quickly learned to get chairs near the snack bar, where we could get drinks easily. The big pool near the beach is where all the activities occur. The pools in the middle of the resort were very quite, and not very crowded. As for tipping the hostess at the resturants, when she sat us without a reservation, we did give her a 5 spot for the 4 of us. Tipping at this resort, well should I say, is very awkward. i.e. I think the help appreciates your tips, but they seem like they don't expect it! We tipped if the service was good, we generally tipped at the bars, dollar here, dollar there. It seemed like the service was the same weather you tipped or not!

Enjoy every minute....it'll be over before you know it!!!

Koz

Koz
Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???*

Our 4 best resturants, your not gunna like my answer. No matter what resturant we ate at, someone in my group found something wrong with the place or food, while the rest of us found the place and food terrific! I think what happens is you get your hopes up too high for a great meal, and baam, it's not what you expected! For exsample, I was looking forward to a nice juicy steak at the 'Grill', and baam, nothing but bitty serloin available. But one things for sure, the servive was exceptional in all the ala cartes. Fact is, the service was very good in the buffet resturants as well! Like I said, your not gunna please everyone, everyone has their own level of expectations, and thats where the problem is! Don't worry about the food, there is something for everyone on the menus. Back to your question about my favorite resturant, the Japaneese, the food was prepared right in front of you, you had your choice of main course, or have the chef give ya a little of bit everything, but one thing for sure, at least you knew your dinner would be hot! If I had one thing to say about all of the resturants, the food temps were inconsistant!

Don't worry man, eat drink and be merry!!!!!

Koz

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Which are the top 4 best resturants at the Biha Principe???*

Great info everyone!