We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia vs. Paradisus

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Melia vs. Paradisus

I am plannning a trip to the DR in Feb.

Can't decide which hotel to stay at Melia Caribe or Paradisus (either one I hear there are 2). Anyone have any imput? we are aslo golfers and I am wondering how far the course is. I hear these places are big and I don't want to be towing golf clubs around.

OH PS....not that many people would know BUT if anyone has any info on the gyms there I'd appreciate it. I know its vacation but.....

thanks

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia vs. Paradisus

i had the same problem. here's how i resolved it. both are great facilities. the paradisus palma real is a step above the melia but they are on the same complex grounds (unless you are in royal service you might not know that because the melia is huge). if you stay at the melia royal service is a must. because we only had 4 nights/5 days we opted for a one bedroom royal service suite with 1st class air. if we were going for a full week or more i would have booked royal service at the paradisus with coach air. LOL sorry with only limited time i didn't visit the gym. these resorts are huge so i opted to walk around vs the golf carts from royal service or tram. the golf course is located across the main complex entrance. you can book golf packages and i'm not sure if the golf villas are available for rent yet. you should be happy with either choice. the only negative i'm seeing for the melia is that it's rates are skyrocketing. i was there in low season so i felt i got a great value for my dollars. room service is limited to only royal service and it seems punta cana's level of overall AI amenities and service is less than most of the other locations we've visited (travelled to a number of islands and various mexican locations) so i don't know how happy i would have been at the current rates being listed for the melia. overall punta cana is less money than the other destinations i have visited so you get what you pay for. punta cana is NOT americanized at all and neither are the paradisus or the melia (which is specifically why we chose it)

NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia vs. Paradisus

Thanks for you input. It helps to hear from people that have been there. T

Bedford...
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia vs. Paradisus

We just came back from Melia C-T and I just posted a review. If you do Melia, go for RS. If it is not crowded, request buildings 48-52, the newer villas. Otherwise, I would say the Paradissus seems to start at the level of Melia RS and goes up from there.

The gym at Melia is pretty good for an international resort--maybe 8-10 machines, free wieghts, universal, and spa....you get what you pay for....

watch for my review or email me....

4. Re: Melia vs. Paradisus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 22, 2009