We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Paul
11 posts
Save Topic
just got back

We just got back from 7 days at the Iberostar Bavaro. Any questions?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just got back

Yes, what was the weather like? Evening weather?

ny
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just got back

were you able to swim in the sea?

Pa.
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just got back

how big are the safes could they hold a portable DVD player?

are there any upper rooms that have king beds I have read all kings are bottom floor only?

St Paul
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just got back

the weather at night is warm and humid. i usually put shorts on after dinner.

St Paul
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: just got back

i swam in the sea everyday. the water took a minute to get used to, but once you were in it was very nice. they let you use their snorkel equipment for an hour a day at no charge.

St Paul
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: just got back

the safes are approx 7 inches tall, 10 inches wide and 12 inches deep. you probably could get a portable dvd in there, but not a laptop. we had no issues with staff going thru any of our stuff. ask for the safe key right when you check in. you need the key for the safe to work. you set your own combination/code on a keypad. very basic to operate and none of our money or documents were ever missing.

St Paul
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: just got back

the daytime weather was very nice. it was usually windy on the beach, which was nice because it was so hot and the sun so strong.

they have king beds on the uppper floors. we were with a large gorup and i saw some upper roooms with kings and some with 2 doubles.

Madison, WI
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: just got back

We are staying at the Iberostar Dominicana. Any restaurants you would suggest, and are they hard to get into? I am thinking we should make our reservations the day we get there.

St Paul
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: just got back

I did not eat at any of the restaurants at the dominicana. i made reservations right when i got there, but ended up cancelling and changing to add people or adjust our times more than once. i would suggest you make your reservations for 8pm or later if you make them right when you get there. that way if you decide to do any of the off resort excursions you won't have to go wait it line to change your reservation. i know i sat in line way too long on the days we decided to go do stuff. if you have a late reservation on a day you are not going anywhere, you can always hit the buffet to hold you over till dinner.

Iowa
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: just got back

I have a question regarding the coupon system for dinner reservations: do you really only get three reservations, or can you check in the afternoon for open reservations and get additional ala carte restaurants?

Also, any suggestions regarding calling the states- did you see any calling cards, pay phones, etc? Was there convenient internet access at the resort?

How was the food overall?

See many mosquitos?

Thanks in advance for you help!