We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still confused Sunscape or Secrets

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Still confused Sunscape or Secrets

Please help me with your valuable insites into these two resorts. I have to book by the end of the week.

edmonton,alberta
Level Contributor
465 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still confused Sunscape or Secrets

They are both good......but overall i would choose Secrets....has a better pool...and is more romantic (Weddings,Honeymoons etc). Don't worry....just book it!.....you can't go wrong...really!! enjoy!!

Cheers!

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still confused Sunscape or Secrets

If it was up to me, and it was only adults I would choose Secrets. Sunscape looked beautiful also if you have children. I agree you won't go wrong with either resorts, it depends on you and what you want and make of your trip.

3. Re: Still confused Sunscape or Secrets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:38 pm, December 01, 2006
Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Still confused Sunscape or Secrets

If no kids are in tow, I would definitely choose Secrets. We just got back from our second trip to Secrets this year...had another awesome vacation. We did tour Sunscape The Beach this trip...spent one night in the honeymoon suite. Sunscape is also a nice resort.

If you are traveling after January 1st, Secrets will be under new management...not sure how things will operate after the first of the year.

Brenda :~)

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Still confused Sunscape or Secrets

I also just returned from Secrets this Nov. and had the opportunity to tour Sunscape and have a wonderful dinner there. From what I saw, and comparing it to Secrets, I would choose Secrets hands down. While many people go to and enjoy Sunscape, and I can see it is a nice resort I will tell you why I would choose Secrets.

Secrets: much more romantic feel to the resort, adult only, not as big and spread out. Secrets rooms lay parallel to the ocean with the pool running between the rooms and the beach. I have heard Secrets has a bigger beach also. All the restaurants are centrally Iocated. I also think the rooms at Secrets were much nicer, although Sunscape is a newer resort. At Sunscape all the rooms enter and exit into a inside hallway like a motel which does not have carpet but have tile or slate floors. These seemed to me to be very loud and would not be good if you were trying to sleep with others coming in late. Also no elevators in the buildings to get to your rooms.

These are just a few things I noticed and why I would choose Secrets over Sunscape. Again I do not discredit those who love Sunscape.

Mike

6. Re: Still confused Sunscape or Secrets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 23, 2009