We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport?

s.ireland
1 post
Save Topic
passport?

my passport expires 6 days after I leave Punta Cana will this be a problem.I have a united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland passport,but living in southern ireland

Worried traveller

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport?

That could really be problematic. I would check in tomorrow morning ASAP with my passport office and see what they advise. Some countries require that the passport be good for 3 months after the departure date.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: passport?

From the UK your passport needs to be valid twice as long after your departure as your stay is long. If you go for two weeks your passport needs to be valid for four after your scheduled departure.

See:

www.dominicanembassy.org.uk/Touristcard.html

• Passports must be valid for twice the length of the stay (i.e. four weeks from the date of entry if the person remains in the country for two weeks).

• Children may travel on a parent’s passport until the age of 15.

Gregg

3. Re: passport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 18, 2009