We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is a mamajuana ?????????

Quebec
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
What is a mamajuana ?????????

?????? a drink?????

Temiscaming, Quebec
Level Contributor
870 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is a mamajuana ?????????

yes its a drink. when if first heard of it I thought it was something that sounded like the name! lol

if i can remember right its wine, bark and some other stuff. its a local drink. and apparently its a aphrodisiac. and i heard its good. i'll be tring it when i go in april

michelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is a mamajuana ?????????

visiting-the-dominican-republic.com/dominica…

this website will be very informative regarding your question..

enjoy

Terry

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
451 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What is a mamajuana ?????????

rum, honey, herbs and depending on who's making it - wine, liquors, vodka ... or whatever floats their boat.

Such wonderfully named items as – Anamú (bark of the tree), Bohuco (a type of creeper), Brasil, Canelilla (Cinammon based ingredient), Caro, Marabeli, Osua, various 'twig type ingredients' like Palo Indio, Palo de Maguey and Pega Palo (to 'give it some stick'! – Pega Palo literally means a 'hitting stick'), plus some other exotics.

Someone told me turtle shell was ground up and added. It's quite delicious and always seems like a good idea after a few beverages.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What is a mamajuana ?????????

Yes, it is a drink. My husband and I have both tried it...an acquired taste! It is considered the Dominican viagara! If you try to bring it back into the US, it may be confiscated...because of the natural ingredients...like twigs or bark.

Brenda :~)

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is a mamajuana ?????????

Mamajuana is a great after dinner drink that goes really well with an espresso or a cappaccino ----but watch they are potent!!!

6. Re: What is a mamajuana ?????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 19, 2009