We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

% alcohool in beer..and rhum???

Quebec
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
% alcohool in beer..and rhum???

is it 5% alc. for the beer and 40% alc. for the rum...some say it's less than that....do you know....?

markham
Level Contributor
286 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: % alcohool in beer..and rhum???

yes vvvvdiddy that is correct it is very potent ....i have a 40 oz at home 4 yrs and still i have over half a bottle.........hey! PeterQuebec after a few times being in DR i found the smoothest dark rum goes by the name of Barcelo ,it goes well just with ice and it was either 35% or 40% alcohol...good stuff i am hoping i can get when i go on nov 21 and bring back home a few bottles...lol

Mentioned in this post
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
16,590 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Alberta
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: % alcohool in beer..and rhum???

Hey Datman

Barcelo is in fact 37.5% as well. Just checked as I have a bottle from my March trip left in my bar. I have to agree it is smooth. The bottle is a little more bulky though as it is rectangular takes up a little more space in the luggage.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
16,590 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,897 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: % alcohool in beer..and rhum???

Correction: it was Barcelo Dorado that has the 38%

My bottle of Brugal dark rum has 40%

Mentioned in this post
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
16,590 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: % alcohool in beer..and rhum???

If you buy alcohol in the Dominican Republic, does that class as duty free, and limit you to what you can bring home without declaring it?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Miami, FL.
Level Contributor
249 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: % alcohool in beer..and rhum???

I went to Punta Cana in4/06 and they took my 151 rum away at the airport also the ameican airlines wont allow you to carry in any suitcase because it,s explosive.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,897 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: % alcohool in beer..and rhum???

Cinderella: In Canada that is the way it worked. You have to verify what the customs agency in your neck of the woods will let you bring back.

Miami, FL.
Level Contributor
249 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: % alcohool in beer..and rhum???

By the way love that 151 almost cried when they took it away,but remember it is very flamable and dangerous to carry anywhere only allowed in outside bars in Miami.

Mentioned in this post
18. Re: % alcohool in beer..and rhum???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, August 23, 2009