We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Punta Cana or Sunscape The Beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Punta Cana or Sunscape The Beach

After doing so much research my brain hurts, but I think I have narrowed it down to PPC vs STB. Deciding factors:

Unlimited drinks of any kind at both? or are there restrictions?

Wrist bands?

Restaurant Reservations?

Room-service included?

Mini-bar with booze in room? (we like our alcohol, what can I say)

Are lounge chairs and umbrellas available at no charge?

Pool and/or beach wait service at either?

Which resort has the most activities? We have a big group of singles and couples looking for some fun in the sun and relaxation.

(and maybe a little golf)

Any additional hidden costs at one versus the other? I like to be able to go to an all-inclusive and not have to open my wallet.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,847 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana or Sunscape The Beach

STB:

Unlimited drinks of any kind at both? or are there restrictions? Unlimited drinks. Premium liquer limited but they have many different kinds if you ask.

Wrist bands? no wrist bands

Restaurant Reservations? No reservations, 6 a-la-carte restaurants plur the World Cafe with different eating stations

Room-service included? Yes 24 hr room service

Mini-bar with booze in room? (we like our alcohol, what can I say) Mini bar with beer, soda, water

Are lounge chairs and umbrellas available at no charge? Plenty of lounge chairs, huge pool and beach, may have to get up by 9 to get a nice umbrella, Palapas available anytime on the beach

Pool and/or beach wait service at either? Both plus barbecue on beach every day for lunch with beer

Which resort has the most activities? We have a big group of singles and couples looking for some fun in the sun and relaxation.

(and maybe a little golf) Both would probably have the same amount of activities, STB is a little farther away. ATB will keep you entertained and has all the excursions. Nightly entertainment(shows), piano bar with singer 4 nights, disco, sports bar etc

Any additional hidden costs at one versus the other? I like to be able to go to an all-inclusive and not have to open my wallet. None, better wine available for a price, whole lobster for $30, non-motorized watersports included. If you have questions see my reviews and you can e-mail me

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana or Sunscape The Beach

I can't answer some of your questions nor can I compare and contrast, but I can tell you a bit about STB since I'm headed there in January.

There are unlimited drinks and no restrictions, including hours since there is 24 hour room service.

No wristbands at the Sunscape hotels.

No restaurant reservations at the Sunscape hotels.

Room service is included.

The minibar in the room has beer and you can request rum if it's not provided.

No charge for loungers or palapas.

There is no golf near STB but they can arrange for you to play, no problem. Check with concierge once you check in.

Extra costs would be any souvenir purchases, any excursions, tips if you choose to do so, wine other than the house brand, spa services.

I am going on January 9 and am very excited!

Kaki

3. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana or Sunscape The Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:29 am, November 14, 2006
NC
Level Contributor
480 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana or Sunscape The Beach

Having been to both I do not even need a second to decide...Paradisius PC.

Paradisus is one of my top 5 resorts I've stayed at in my travels throughout Mexico and the Caribbean. STB is my hands-down, no other resort is even in the same zip code, least favorite resort that I've stayed at.

The grounds at both are very nice and the rooms at STB are nicer than those at PPC because they are new.

Everyone raves about the pool at STB...and I must say it is nice but the pool at PPC is better. It has different depths whereas STB's pool is aound waist deep everywhere. The PPC pool makes you feel like you are in a lagoon.

The food and service is better at PPC (except for the French restraunt).

I don't know about the drinks...all I drink is beer, water, and milk.

The atmosphere at PPC was more my taste as well. More laid back with alot of Europeans and South Americans. (I like a place where the people who speak English are the minority).

Wristbands: STB = No....PPC = small leather ones w/ a small wood logo (not the plastic ones)

Reservations: STB = No....PPC = yes (I like the reservations...you make them in the morning or the prior day and there is no waiting to be seated or no worry about getting there early so you don't have a long wait. We waited to be seated at STB from 20-50 minutes at each a la carte...didn't really mind we just drank to pass the time.)

Mini Bar with Booze: Yes for both

Pool/Beach service: Not really good at either

Activities: Both had about the same activities. STB was alot more "party" oriented. (One reason I didn't like it.) It was like being at a NASCAR event or Myrtle Beach or Daytona Beach all day. I like to relax on vacation but everyone is different.

No hidden costs at either.

Hope this helps

5. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana or Sunscape The Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 20, 2009