We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

STB, Apple, Insurance

New Jersey
7 posts
Save Topic
STB, Apple, Insurance

Hi Everyone, I just booked my Feb trip to STB for a week. Thanks to bbgamer and others who I contacted with my questions, your help was appreciated. I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Apple Vacation Insurance and received a lower price on a trip already booked? If so did you just keep checking their prices to see if there was a change? I used a travel agency on the internet and doubt if they would call me to tell me the trip was lower. Just curious if this ever happens. Thanks.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: STB, Apple, Insurance

Hi Nancy! Yes I did get money back! Just recently too!. I check the price every month or so and I found my New Years trip to CDM had gone down a bit so I contacted my TA by email and she sent me an email saying I would be refunded the diff....and my credit card reflected that refund!!! GOTTA LOVE APPPLE!!!

Hope this is helpful!

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: STB, Apple, Insurance

Hi nancynjoe, Glad to see you are going to STB.You will really enjoy it there. I talk with alot of people who use Apple Vacations and many of them have received money back from Apple when the price dropped. I would just keep checking until you leave unless you think you already have their best price.

near Chicago
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: STB, Apple, Insurance

I have done this many times. Some ta's will keep an eye on the price for you, but I wouldn't expect it. In most cases where I have gotten a better price with Apple Insurance, I found the price myself. Just keep watching for sales of STB and contact your ta with what you find and the ta will do the rest.

Wellington, Ohio
Level Contributor
561 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: STB, Apple, Insurance

Yes, just keep checking the trip. I saved $860 on my honeymoon but I had to do the price watching. Well worth the few minutes every couple of weeks. If you find that your trip is sold out, still check. Our trip was sold out but then about a month before there were more rooms at the lower price. Enjoy your trip!

5. Re: STB, Apple, Insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 26, 2009