We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
32 reviews
45 helpful votes
New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

caribjournal.com/2015/…

It was announced late last month that Karisma Hotels and Resorts along with Viacom will be opening a Nickelodeon-themed resort in Punta Cana in late 2016 and is currently simply named "Nickelodeon Punta Cana". This is the first all-inclusive resort of it's kind for the brand, and the article states that there are plans to open a second in Mexico as well.

I have not seen any construction or exact location details. If it is a new build, my guess is that it would be between Uvero Alto and Arena Gorda, as anything south of there to the airport is quite populated already.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
59 reviews
20 helpful votes
1. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

Might be on the lot between hard rock and barcelo punta cana

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
158 posts
12 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

seems to be Uvero Alto...there are works going on every day close to Chic so could be that one...here an article (in Spanish ) that talks about 2 hotels opening in the area, one of those is the Nickelodeon...

diariodigital.com.do/2015/…

Oakmont...
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
86 reviews
103 helpful votes
3. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

WOW hate to see how much they are gonna charge people to stay there with that kind of branding

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
32 helpful votes
4. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

Should be a good choice for families with young kids. We've been twice to the El Dorado Royale which is a Karisma hotel, and we loved it!

http://www.karismahotels.com

Edited: 10:30 pm, April 30, 2015
nyc
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
26 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

Wish them the best of luck. Im not a fan. The nick resort in orlando is nauseating to look at. Great concept , but not there yet!

Nickelodeon has been trying for years to get into the resort market . I dont see the company deserving of a high priced resort, but it will truly be one of a kind in the carribean.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
11 reviews
33 helpful votes
6. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

Definitely not my cup of tea....if had kids and wanted to take them to a Nickelodeon destination, I'd just go to Florida.

I'm sure many will appreciate having another family-friendly option in PC, though.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
59 reviews
20 helpful votes
7. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

How close will this be to the new excellence?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
2 reviews
18 helpful votes
8. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

I am with ms123456.

Of course kids will like it but I'd rather expose them to something more locally authentic.

J.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
11 reviews
33 helpful votes
9. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

Well, now instead of being worried about somebody walking by the pool trying to get you to take a picture with a snake or a monkey, folks can worry about being approached to have their picture taken with someone in a SpongeBob SquarePants suite. LOL.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
32 reviews
45 helpful votes
10. Re: New: Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

VTWINBMX, it will likely be in the general vicinity as they both will be in Uvero Alto.

I think there will definitely be a market for this. No, probably 75-85% of us on here will never have any desire to go, but I think it will bring a lot more families to Punta Cana.