We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

Indiana...
Level Contributor
128 posts
31 reviews
Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

We have used Apple Vacations for our last 7 trips and couldn't resist a deal offered by Vacation Express. Can anyone offer a comparison of the two companies?

160 replies to this topic
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

We have used applevacations.com for years and lately have been watching vacationexpress.com you are correct. While I have not booked with them yet I can see that apples new contracted carrier XTRA Airlines is not as good a bargain as Frontier or USA3000 was. They are much higher priced, they have implemented baggage weight limits for checked and carry on luggage.

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

Our agent has always booked us through Apple but the best price for our upcoming trip was through Fun Jet.

I miss USA 3000.

That was a great airline.

Forced to deal with the kooky seating procedures with Southwest.

But..... who cares?

Short flight for us. As long as it lands

Indiana...
Level Contributor
128 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

I liked USA 3000 too, taprice. Have never heard of Swift Airlines-the charter used by Vacation Express. Do either of you know anything about Swift?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

Sorry, no. Not yet. Like kd, we are just 3.5 hrs on the plane, we have been taking the best price for direct flight. So far vacation express hasn't offered it, but seeing how it's trending, I believe it won't be long.

Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

We have always used Apple Vacations. This May we booked with Vacation Express, the price was too good to pass up, hoping for the best.

Indiana...
Level Contributor
128 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

You'll have to let us know how your trip goes, flipflopchick. Our trip is after yours....I haven't read any negative reports about Vacation Express so that's a plus! :-).

Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

I haven't seen anything negative either. I have always been more then happy with Apple Vacations but the savings on this trip is about 300.00 per person, I couldn't pass that up, hope to put that money towards another trip in October.

Indiana...
Level Contributor
128 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

A second trip-lucky you! We saved about $250/ person by going with Vacation Express. I wonder if Swift has in-flight movies? Our flight is only 3 1/2hours, but a good movie makes time pass quickly. I haven't been able to find much information on Swift Air - the company website is skeletal.

pgh
Level Contributor
136 posts
9. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

Shields

I am going out of Pittsburgh in June. Is yours a direct flight?

Diane

Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations

I know, I can't find anything either. Maybe someone will chime in on here that knows something.

Reply to: Vacation Express vs. Apple Vacations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted