We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Punta Cana

Phenix City, Alabama
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
First time to Punta Cana

Hi, this will be our first time traveling to EPC. I did some research, but can someone help give me the step to where I should head out first too when I get off the airplane? And how to departure? I'm planning on getting a tourist card before traveling also.

I'm thinking of using Dominican Plus for transportation, is it best to pay online or cash during pickup? Does the driver show up for pickup once info is submitted or do I still need to contact them to make sure they come pick me up as well, especially for my departure haha

If there's anything else that I should know or be prepare for, please tell me haha. Thanks.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,482 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: First time to Punta Cana

Follow the line..

Dominican Plus transfers , I would pay cash.

Driver will be outside with a sign and your name on it.

They will come and pick you up if you have booked return transportation with them.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: First time to Punta Cana

You're leaving from a NYC airport (I presume). If you can navigate LGA, JFK or EWR, you can navigate PUJ without much problem. Follow the masses and you'll find your way. It's an airport... not that challenging.

If you reserve transportation in advance, they'll be asking you for your flight info, so no... you won't have to call upon arrival to tell them you're there. They will monitor your flight info for delays, etc.

Oakmont...
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: First time to Punta Cana

I think its easier to prepay the transfer less cash to carry around with you.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: First time to Punta Cana

Compared to JFK it's easy! You taxi will be on the right (when facing outside airport). It will seem like chaos there but your driver will have your name on a sign.

Just follow the advice listed here.

5. Re: First time to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 21, 2016