We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to PC, where to stay?

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to PC, where to stay?

My husband and I decided that we needed a vacation probably in November this year. We have heard great things about the beaches in PC. The prices for the AI are decent, there are just so many that look nice, we are unsure what will be our best bet. We are in our mid-30s and would like a relaxing vacation with decent food some fun drinks and entertainment available around us if we choose to stay up late! :) It seems that most of the prices for the diferent resorts are within a few hundred dollars of each other.

Any suggestions? So far I liked: Secrets, Riu Macao and Riu Palace, Gran Bahia Principe, Sunscape and Ocean Blue. Too many options!

Thanks in advance for any advice

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

Come in November to Secrets , there is a large group of us going from the TA forums and we are going to have a blast, We will also be touring Sunscape the Beach as well and spending the day there.

Your more then welcome to join our TA party.

November 3 to 13th or November 4 to 11..... we will all be there.

COME AND JOIN THE FUN

TERRY AKA sb

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

What is at Sunscape the Beach to see and go spend a day?

If we end up at Secrets we will be there most likely during that time frame. Would love to socialize with TA folks!

3. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:40 am, October 17, 2006
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

Thank you - I will be in touch if we decide on Secrets.

One question I do have - is there a huge difference if we only book a junior suite room there?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

All the rooms are beautiful, I can send you pics if you want.

We can request a room overlooking the cascade pool for you. Its very beautiful and peaceful there.This is also in the garden view junior suit catagory.

Let me know

Terry

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

butterfly0618,

Not to confuse you but have you looked into the Majestic? I have been there and it was awesome, just what you are looking for. This resort has also been getting great reviews so it's not just me and my biased opinion:)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,653 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

Any questions you may have about the Majestic???? Feel free to ask! I'm right here in the lobby , so the info is up to date and realtime!

Majestic Mike

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

Hi Mike, I have a question for you.

January 20-27th I will be at the Tropical Princess, for the second time. I was considering Majestic but privacy issues came up, you see this is a trip with a bunch of girlfriends. Anyway, the question is, how can I go about visiting the MC? I just want to look around, I don't want to go for the whole day, I want to go on a "research tour" for the future.

Thank you for any information you have. You may email me at

my screen name at hotmail.com

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

Hi Terry - I'd love to see your pics. My email is butterfly061872@hotmail.com.

Majestic Mike - I have seen the reviews of the Majestic. However when I was doing some price shopping the cheapest rates I found were at cheapcaribbean.com and Majestic was not an option, I will add it to my list though I was trying to weed places out!

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time to PC, where to stay?

Butterfly0618:

I am repeating Terry's invitation for you to meet us at Secrets in November. My husband and I were at Secrets in January. We are going back in November for a 10-night stay...can't wait!

Mike (posts on TA as Mastermind) and Nancy will be at Secrets from November 1 - 11.

Tom and I will be at Secrets from November 3 - 13.

Terry (posts on TA as Secretsbride) and Serge (hopefully, he will be able to come) will be at Secrets from November 4 - 11.

As soon as I finish this post, I am going to email you my map and review of Secrets. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Brenda :~)