We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
93 posts
127 reviews
Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

Need some direction for a mom's trip...no husbands or kids.

We've been to Ocean Blue and Sand and had a fine time, but wanted to try something new. Thought we had it narrowed down to the MC (club/adults only) or ME, and found good deals online for both. But then our travel agent friend HIGHLY recommended Dreams PC and said he had a lot of 'VIP hook ups' there.

Since then, I've been reading some iffy reviews on DPC in comparison to the Majestics.

We're only there for 4 nights, so the distance of DPC from the airport is an issue. We'd like a nice beach, good pool, decent restaurants, some options for entertainment, but it doesn't have to be a total party place. And finally, we don't really mind some kids, but this IS a Mom's getaway and I'm afraid the DPC will be too kid friendly for us.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
347 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

My girlfriends an I are also booking a trip! We have the same requirements! We've never been to PC but after reading all reviews we're looking at Majestic Elegance Club. In April with our guys, it's looking like The Ambar! Good luck! You'll get great advice on here!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
124 reviews
2. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

I've only been to the ME Club level (twice) and think it would fit your criteria pretty well.

Club level has many private pools, 2 sections of beach that are roped off, club lounges with snacks and bars steps off the sand.

There are activities for anyone that wants to join, but it mostly stays over by the huge main pool, and away from the club areas.

We were more than happy with the food options. Steakhouse, Hibachi & Sushi, Italian, French, Seafood, Late night snack shack (burgers) Enormous all day buffet by the lobby and medium sized buffet in the Seafood restaurant, right on the sand, for breakfast and lunch. The club lounges, there are 3, have all day snacks and great house-made chocolates at night.

There is an amazing spa as well.

The only thing about the ME that you may not like is that the suites are open concept so the toilet and shower, have frosted glass doors and are not exactly 100% private. Some of the rooms (Club 1BR suites oceanview) have 2 bathrooms, one of which has a solid door.

Edited: 11:38 am, October 07, 2014
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

For what you are looking for I would go with the ME Club!

4. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:37 am, October 08, 2014
Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
124 reviews
5. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

Hopefully someone that has stayed at Dreams can give you some input. I have always thought of Dreams as more of a family oriented brand (kids), but I can't speak from experience.

ME gets almost no kids, and club sections has zero and is more geared towards couples and small groups, I maybe saw a handful of kids on both visits combined. The MC is also more for families, but the club section is no kids, but you will see them in the restaurants and common areas.

I wonder what kind of perks your TA is talking about.

Edited: 1:46 pm, October 07, 2014
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
6. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

the Dreams PC is pricier than the ME Club?? i am surprised. nothing bad to say about the Family property Dreams PC(aside of very small rooms), but i would not pay there the same as for the Majestic Club, the opposite, i rank the Majestic Club above the Dreams level.

what is "VIP hook ups" a TA may have for a mid class family resort?, just curious, as i did not understand that part, lol.

for the Mom's Trip without husbands and no kiddies i would look on the Colonial Club and the Elegance Club, they fit all your requirements.

have fun

MIke

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

I have stayed at both properties and would pick the Majestic every time.

Is the Travel Agent an Apple rep that could explain the perks.

Hard to believe that Dreams costs more than The Majestic

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
124 reviews
8. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

Do you think this TA just gets a bigger commission for booking AMResorts?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
93 posts
127 reviews
9. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

Yes, the MC Club priced at $1150, the ME Club at $1200 and Dreams at $1309! Not a huge difference but big enough for me, especially for being a farther drive, smaller rooms and more kids.

We don't need adults only, and don't mind the kids so much, but would rather not be in a 'really great for a zillion kids' kind of place.

I've asked for clarification on what exactly the TA's perks are (and really good point about the commission!). I'm just not sure yet.

I'm thinking I might need to show my travel buddies this thread! Thanks all for your input!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: Help! Majestic Colonial CLUB, Maj Elegance or Dreams PC?

I would say the perks could be the Preferred Club section with that price.