We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Past Brides or Brides 2 B

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
On., Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Past Brides or Brides 2 B

I know I saw this mentioned before but can't find it now & I was telling my daughter about it. as she is getting married at The Breezes on May 3rd she was wondering what ,or if, she should give something to the wedding co-ordinator. Gift or Cash???? Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

london, uk
Level Contributor
418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Past Brides or Brides 2 B

i didnt think about this until somebody else posted it before, ive decided to give cash, aparently they dont get paid very much either. did your daughter have to have her spanish translations legalised? i know the original documents that u need have to be legalised, i have the embassy here saying no and the travel agent saying yes, im worried if i dont get them done i wont be able to get married, and if i do get them done and dont need them im wasting a few hundred punds!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Past Brides or Brides 2 B

We got married at the Melia end of Jan. I was thinking of going to Bath and Body or somewhere and getting her something from there, but then decided cause of space and having to bring so much other stuff that I would just give her a very nice tip.

We also tipped our waiter that we had that night.

Ovid, NY
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Past Brides or Brides 2 B

My daughter is getting married there on June 8th. I can't wait to hear how your goes. Please post or send a review when you get back.

On., Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Past Brides or Brides 2 B

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Cash is probably the easiest(space) & the most needed, I'm thinking she will go with that idea.We had already talked about a tip for the servers(waiters) as well, makes for more attentive service!!! *S*

To mother-of bride...you can bet I will be on here with our review when we get back. I am going with a positive attitude & thinking that nothing will ruin the special occasion for us. So far (as of last night) we have 46 people going. Should be a good time.

To Excited bride 2 be......yes they had to have their documents legalized(by a notary) but I believe that was the english documents & then she sent them (express post) to the Dominican consulate in Ottawa for translation.They seemed to have "misplaced" them for a few days,(they told her they had at least 50 documents on the desk at that time to be done) but she had everything back by the next week.